Logging RSSI graph

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
lind3r

Logging RSSI graph

Post by lind3r »

Hi! I apologize in advance for my english, but I will try and explain the best I can.

I'm working in an area that have 1 AP each 200 meters, and I'm trying to find out if I have bad signal/rssi anywhere (the APs are outdoors and gets really dirty).
What i want to do is to start the graph and get in my car and drive past each AP.
Is there any way to get a graph/curve so I can see where I have the worst signal (and which AP I'm connected to)? Then export it to some type of file where i can overview the graph.
What i'm then gonna do is wash the APs and do the same thing again, and compare the graphs to each other.
I have found a function in Vistumbler that selects the current AP and draws a nice graph, but there seems to be separate graphs - one for each AP.

I hope you understand where i'm heading :)

Thanks in advance.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Logging RSSI graph

Post by ACalcutt »

Maybe the kml signal map would work for you if you have a gps ( viewtopic.php?f=33&t=278 ). This maps the signal strength in google earth.

In the current version of vistumbler you get a signal map by doing "Export --> Export to KML --> All APs (or any other option)" and check "Show GPS Signal Map". gps is required for this feature since that is how the location is plotted in google earth.
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Logging RSSI graph

Post by pferland »

I was just thinking of that multi-AP graphing I wanted to do for some time, instead of sending the data via the URL and a GET (and run out of length in the URL), we could have vistumbler upload a VS1 file with the APs that you want graphed and then parse that.
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2