v10.7 Beta 5 GUI changes

arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

v10.7 Beta 5 GUI changes

Post by arizonajon »

Good day, Andrew -
This morning Vistumbler prompted me that there was an update, so natch I updated. As usual, thanks so much for keeping the program current!

However, once done, the GUI changed in a way that seems to have limited the amount of characters that were allowed to be in a text field. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of the before state to show.

So in the attached photos, you'll perhaps see that I run 12 pt text. Usually, the "Auto Save and Clear" button was under the Start/Stop and GPS buttons, and was quite elongated. The Lat/Lon number fields are missing. The NMEA text string box below was also much wider and to the right of the Auto Save and Clear button. Now it appears to be kinda squished and of course I can't see the whole string anymore.

Ideas?

Cheers - Jon N7UV
Attachments
IMG_0836.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG (2.2 MiB) Viewed 6003 times
IMG_0835.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG (3.26 MiB) Viewed 6003 times
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: v10.7 Beta 5 GUI changes

Post by ACalcutt »

Hi Jon

I am trying out a new look, so it might take a bit of tweaking. The main reason for this is I was finding the small buttons to be hard to use on my smaller tablet.

My aim for 10.7 Beta 5 was to make the primary buttons (scan/gps/save&clear) bigger so they can be clicked by touch easier. I had a secondary aim of trying to fit the width of the info at the top to 600px, to accommodate smaller screens. Graphing was demoted a bit into (View -> Graph -> Graph 1/Graph 2)

It looks like you have a bigger font than I do so it didn't quite work out for you. I'll try to expand the buttons and text fields a bit more. it is supposed to look like the attached image

-Andrew
Attachments
vi10-7.jpg
vi10-7.jpg (131.33 KiB) Viewed 6000 times
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I pushed v10.7 Beta 6 to try and expand the text areas just a little. let me know if it helped.
arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arizonajon »

Good evening, Andrew -

Thanks for the fast response. I'll let you know when I get back to the truck tomorrow and do the update.

Cheers - Jon N7UV