WiFiDB Alpha 0.16 Build 2

pferland
Contributor
Contributor

WiFiDB Alpha 0.16 Build 2

Post by pferland »

OK, so here is another release. The only addition for this release that matters is I have created a Daemon (of sorts) so that files can be imported on a schedule.

This 'Daemon' is a PHP script that runs in the background checking a table every so often and seeing if there are files waiting to be imported. if not it goes to sleep for a pre-determined amount of time that is in the config.inc.php file. The daemon isn't needed to run the DB or even import lists, its really just an experiment that I have. Other then that there isn't too much more in this release.

And as always comments are welcome.

Packages: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=669476

SVN: http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... athrev=306

-Phil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daemon Readme:
The WiFiDB daemon is just a php script that I wrote that runs in the backgound
and checks a fils_tmp table to see if there are any files wating to be imported.
If there is a file or more then one, it will atempt to import them.

There is a file called rund.php that starts/stops/and restarts the daemon. To use
type 'php rund.php [start,stop,restart]'. This script will only run on linux
based systems. Windows is NOT supported. This is also an optional item it is not
needed at all to run WiFiDB. To turn it on or off in the DB itself go to the
config.inc.php in the lib folder of where you have your WiFiDB installed, and
change the variable named sched to 0 (off) or 1 (on).

To change settings for the daemon itself go to the daemon folder inside the tools
folder and open the config.inc.php file and change sleep to the number of seconds
that you want to sleep before checking the files_tmp again, there is a safety so
you cannot set it less then 5 min.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Changes for WiFiDB 0.16 Build 2:
  • 1 ) Changed the Import Page Layout so that it now summerizes the GPS import into.
    • A) New: Good,Bad
      B) Update: Good,Bad
      C) Already in Database:
    2 ) Finished AP Fetch Page so that GPS can be hidden.
    3 ) Most, if not all pages now have the footer() and pageheader() function to standardize page layout.
    4 ) Fixed an issue where if there is no MAC/Sectype/Chan/Radio it would just be blank, and cause errors on fetch.
    • A) New Defaults:
      B) Mac (00:00:00:00:00:00)
      C) Sectype (0)
      D) Chan (0)
      E) Radio (u)
    5 ) Added support for Exproting to GPX files, for Garmin Devices.
    6 ) Moved the code from insertnew.php into the index.php file, this is for the token that has been added for validation.
    7 ) Added a comment tag to <i>`line 2`</i>of the KML exports to tell if it was a Full DB/Users list/Single AP/All Users APs/All Signal for AP.
    8 ) Made the tables that hold the page one table so when there is a skeew in the page doesnt get deformed like it did before. (I'm not a GUI person).
    9 ) Fixed some formating issues with the install/upgrade/patching paths.
    10 ) For Security reasons, temparaly will be using hard links for the side links, untill furtur notice.
    11 ) Added a 'daemon' of sorts. This is optional uppon install, and changeable afterwards in the config file. <br>Notes are in the readme.txt of the tools folder.
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

WiFiDB Alpha 0.16 Build 2.1

Post by pferland »

So did a lot of work on the daemon over the weekend, unfortunately, I fell asleep before I could put it all up on the SVN.
but some of the fixes/ additions are:

Fixed issues/things added:
  • Daemon was unable to remove files from `files_tmp` table and put them into the uploaded `files` table.
    The inportvs1 function for the daemon was not returning the AP and GPS totals, and 0 was being entered into the users table.
    Added a link to the side for "Files Waiting to be imported" (/opt/scheduling.php).
    Fixed the issue where the Import page would not switch to 'non-daemon' mode when $daemon var was set to 0.
    Rearranged the table for scheduling.php, and added in Current AP, Importing? (Yes/No), Current AP/Total APs.
    Added color for Files waiting to be imported, Green = Currently Importing, Yellow = Waiting.
    Had to alter SQL statement for Total APs in the Main Stats Page. This is because I have added the next Import run as an element in the `settings` table.
Known Issues that still Exist:
  • For some reason, the Dates on GPS cords are being altered to a float integer. ie 1.4 or 0.7
    Import_vs1 and importvs1(daemon func) cannot tell if a GPS cord is not DD and convert to DM.
    CSS is messed up again, the server internal IP is being set as the domain name, needs to be changed, it looks fine to me internaly, but externally it gets all messed up.
Will be working on theses known issues tonight, and hopefully post the updated release, if not tomorrow.
-Phil
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

WiFiDB Alpha 0.16 Build 2.1 released

Post by pferland »

So, as per my previous post, I have finished up the 2.1 Update.

This build's Daemon is windows capable, but I still wouldn't recommend running it on windows, because it still needs its own command window to run continuously in the background. In other words, run it with the rund.php script and lock the windows session to keep it running.

Archived Downloads are available here: https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=669476
SVN is available here: http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... athrev=312

Comments and Questions are welcome

-Phil
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: WiFiDB Alpha 0.16 Build 2

Post by ACalcutt »

I found some bugs in the live server (0.16 Build 2.1A)

You fixed the import page when you go directly to it, but it is still giving a (Failure to compare tokens, token not set. Try again.) error when you try to import from vistumbler.

Refresh time on the scheduling page went to 15 seconds when i set it to 5 seconds. On the next refresh it went back to 30 seconds.

Exporting all APs to KML resulted in the following error "Table 'wifi_st.SARAH_Network-001F33DFD59A-3-n-1' doesn't exist"

"Access" is spelled incorrectly multiple times on Export page

in (Export an Access Point to KML) "Username" should be "SSID"
ACalcutt

Re: WiFiDB Alpha 0.16 Build 2

Post by ACalcutt »

also, please add tokens to the ssid urls in the "View all APs" page so when you go into one of the access points you don't get a token error when going back to the list.