GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Wardriving related applications
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

This is not pretty and cannot be done realtime, yet, But I haev found a way to convert Vistumbler data into a variety of Nav File formats (including MSTRIPS)...

One of my other hobbies is a sport called Geocaching (google it). Essentially is using GPS to locate "caches" placed by other geocachers and posted as waypoints. Many GPS related tools have been created to help in this with the most popular being GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)
http://www.gsak.net/. Among the tools available in GSAK is a a file conversion utility that converts either .LOC or .GPX waypoint files into a large number of other GPS/MAPPING Navigators including:

CacheMate PDB File
CSV or TXT
Custom Format
Delorme Topo Usa, Street Atlas Plus, etc
Fugawi TXT File
Garmin POI file
GPX/LOC File
HTML Files
Lowrance USR File
Magellan eXplorist and SD Card
Mapsend MPS file...
MapSource File
MapTech eXchange Format MXF File
Memory Map CSV file
Microsoft Streets and Trips text File
National Geographic TOPO! TPG File
OziExplorer WPT File
Pocket Streets PSP File
Street Atlas File
TomTom POI file

The process is a little bit involved but not unbearable.. Export Vistumbler data as a .GPX file (remember where you parked it) then open GSAK then under File, select Load GPX/LOC/ZIP then the GPX file you are wanting to import. Gsak will then build the database... Since it is not specific to the actual data exported by 'tumbler , it will list ssid, mac, and coordinates. It will not translate the GPS track just waypoints
More to come as they are asked
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: MS Streets and trips workaround

Post by ACalcutt »

And I have added in "Export to CSV" (v9.6 Beta 7), so that can also be used with streets and trips

@mysticvirgo67
GSAK seems like it would be a good addition Wardriving Applications section ( http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=31 )
mysticvirgo67

Re: MS Streets and trips workaround

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

UGH! Does that mean ANOTHER cut n paste session! ..Tell ya what! Nothing but work work work around here! :roll:

I realized the more appropriate location AFTER I had done 3hrs of posting on top of anopther 3 of caching logging LOL>

No worries, I will repost GSAK info sometime later today
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt

Re: GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife)

Post by ACalcutt »

It has been moved :-)

You have been a busy person...I don't want to work you to hard ;-)...I don't think this forum has ever seen this much posting hahaha ...its nice to see...especially on my vacation (which it has rained almost every day on)
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Well, I am impressed by the software so I return the favor by posting.. until I can buy someting from the store ;)
peter25

Post by peter25 »

Hello i am new on this site and i like this. Here given information is really interesting and i like to know more about Swiss army knife and pocket knife..
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

We didnt create GSAK, we just find it useful for some things and made a post linking to their site. if you want more information on it, go ask them on their forums http://www.gsak.net/board/

-Phil
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
peter25

Post by peter25 »

Thanks for your response! I like to know this. As per i know there is good to know about GSAK. Is there good to know about pocket knife ?
nathandale87

Post by nathandale87 »

Hi guys! just new here!

Is that software can be downloaded? where ? thanks.
A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
boot knife
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

nathandale87 wrote:Hi guys! just new here!

Is that software can be downloaded? where ? thanks.
Download from http://www.gsak.net/