Sorry about not being around

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Sorry about not being around

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

much, the tip to my laptop's power brick suffered wire fatigue and I have not been able to use it. I am stuck having to bounce about between my son's computer AND my wife's computer. ARGH! Frustrations! I found a replacement powerbrick online for just $30!! WOOT! won't be here until perhaps middle of next week.. perhaps longer with christmas and all.
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sorry about not being around

Post by pferland »

That sucks man. we have that problem all the time too, but its mostly because Andrew forgets that the wire is in his Recliner and it gets cut.
I haven't been doing to much work on the database, at least on the on the Admin/Mod/User panels. But I have started work on making two more daemons (one for Database statistics and one for the Import/Export Daemon performance Monitoring.)
ran a test run of it on a clone of Andrews server (with the 84K APs). It took just about an hour for it to calculate out the number of Unique SSIDs that are in the database. basically I'm just doing a select all from the Pointers table, make sure that the array is unique (only one of each SSID), then I take each element of the array and go back through the pointers table to see how many of each SSID exist.

Hope that was somewhat easy to read.. lol

-Phil
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

Luckily I'm dell certified...so when i do stop being lazy I can just order myself a replacement :-)
Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Post by Freebe »

Hello All

Sorry that i haven't been here for a few Day's ( Week's ) but have just had much to much to do.
So with that i will wish everybody here on the Forum a Very Merry Christmas :thumbup: and don't let the Beer make your head go :spin:

Happy Christmas to all.

PS. Father Christmas is coming and maybe you will get the things you need. :lol:
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Woo hoo! I gonts me a power brick for xmas! Found one for $31 hipping and all! I think I know what had been doing the others in. so now I am on project to reinforce the cord.

Merry Christmas to all!
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

and a happy new year also.
Hope everyone had a great holiday
I know I did, my parents got me a replacement for the MP3 player that I had that was stolen
no more CDs and crappy FM radio for me any more lol
hope no one got caught outside when Robotic Evil Santa was around :shock:
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Merry Christmas everyone
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

yeah, andy, i need to find out about becoming HP/Compaq cert.