Vistumbler Crashing on Large File / Export.exe

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
unmanaged

Vistumbler Crashing on Large File / Export.exe

Post by unmanaged »

Looks like it is a limitation of AutoIT, when I load a vs1 file with 16000 AP's in it Vistumbler gets and out of memory error? Is there any fix for that ?
Also I found the post on export.exe and the switches, I am trying to make a KML file of the 16000 AP's with all the rings and images within the KML just like vistumbler.... I went as even far to trun it on a 16 core server with 256GB of ram just for the :lol:

Thanks guys and keep up the great work.

Gavin
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Vistumbler Crashing on Large File / Export.exe

Post by ACalcutt »

I Personally consider the max number of APs to use in vistumbler about 2,000. Anything more I use our wireless database, WifiDB.net, to keep track of the uploads.

Thinking back a while I had tried to make a script that could take VS1 files and import it into a MDB without vistumbler here ( https://github.com/acalcutt/Vistumbler/ ... hImportVS1 ).You might be able to try using that along with the export.exe

that would be something like

1.)Import you VS1 into a MDB database with Batch Importer
-Single File --> ImportVS1_mdb.exe /f="c:\PathToSourceFile\input.vs1" /o="c:\OutputDir\out.mdb"
-Folder Of VS1 files--> ImportVS1_mdb.exe /f="c:\PathToFolderWithVS1s\" /o="c:\OutputDir\out.mdb"

2.)Export from MDB to KML with Export.exe (included in the vistumbler directory)
Export.exe /db="c:\OutputDir\out.mdb" /t=k /f="c:\OutputDir\out.kml" /p /a /d

-Switches-
/db - input database from vistumbler or batch importer
/t=k - export kml
/f= - output kml file
/p - include the track
/a - include active aps
/d - include dead aps
unmanaged

Post by unmanaged »

Looking to host a local instance of wifidb .... is there any instructions on how to do so?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Everything you need to make your own WifiDB instance is here ( https://github.com/acalcutt/WifiDB ). However the instructions are a little out of date (to non-existant).

The current version is meant to run on Microsoft SQL instead of MySQL. A lot of it will still work with MySQL, but it would need a lot of work to fix some of the changes I made to the import process to fix duplicates (the fix relies on the MS SQL Merge, which MySQL does not have)

For the Microsoft SQL version the instructions are basically.
1.) Set up a debian instance with apache and php
2.) Set up a Microsoft SQL Instance (The free sql developer version, windows or linux, will work fine)
3.) Create tools directory (ex. /opt/wdbtools/)
4.) Copy the /wifidb/tools folder from gitbub into the tools directory created in the previous step
5.) Copy the /wifidb/wifidb folder from github into your website root directory
6.) Create a blank mssql database(ex. prod_wifi) and import the 'blank_db.sqlsrv' file into it. (Note: Replace all instances of 'prod_wifi' in blank_db.sqlsrv with what you named your database)
7.) Create a mssql user that has access to the database created in the previous step
8.) Update your daemon config file, [tools]/daemon.config.inc.php
9.) Update your website config file, [webroot]wifidb/lib/config.inc.php

To Import Manually
cd [tools]/daemon
php importd.php -o -v

To Import by Cron Job
Schedule the .sh files in [tools]/cron
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I went and made sure all the files on git are up to date and updated the readme a bit
unmanaged

Post by unmanaged »

I'll give it a shot I have a 2019 server spun up and can get debian on it (my OS of choice) pretty easy...

Thanks,

Gavin
unmanaged

Post by unmanaged »

I'll give it a shot I have a 2019 server spun up and can get debian on it (my OS of choice) pretty easy...

Thanks,

Gavin
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

If you need any help let me know.

I should also add a few directories need to be writable by apache (in debian, chown them as www-data:www-data and have at least 744 permission)
wifidb/import/up (directory user uploads are uploaded to)
wifidb/smarty/templates_c (smarty cache directory. pages won't load without this)
wifidb/api/wifi/tmp (used by the vistumbler 'Graph selected AP to Image'. not really needed otherwise)

These directories would also need to be writeable by whatever user you run the export daemons as
wifidb/out/kmz
wifidb/out/geojson