okay I hit a wall with max number of

mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

okay I hit a wall with max number of

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

records/lines... Subscript variable excceded .. autoLT error -1 with 2525 lines
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: okay I hit a wall with max number of

Post by ACalcutt »

I've seen an error like this after leaving Vistumbler scanning all night. Every time I get it though I am running from the exe which gives that useless "-1" error. If you run Vistumbler.au3 directly (you would need autoit installed to do this) it gives an actual error message, but getting the error to repeat is the hard part. This is definitely something i want to fix if i can ever find whats causing it.

I know I have seen more then 8000 APs in the database (though vistumbler is horrible at dealing with that much data). I have been loading a folder i have of VS1 files for like a week now (so slow) and must be up to at least 10,000 APs by now. It has been loading the 52nd VS1 file (which isn't that big) for 3 days now ...so i have definitely hit the practical limits of vistumbler.

Our solution to keeping track of scans has been my friend phils wireless database (which is open souce...so you could set up your own if you wanted). I know he has been testing his new release on our public WiFiDB.

What I really need to do is learn a programming language that would be better for this type of program. Autoit was made more for windows automation. I'm thinking I should start leaning C# so I could work with the inSSIDer folks to get some of the requested features I have had into it(or branch it into my own project...since its open source).
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Kewl so long as you know it gets such an issue...
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
gazzat5

Post by gazzat5 »

ACalcutt wrote:I've seen an error like this after leaving Vistumbler scanning all night. Every time I get it though I am running from the exe which gives that useless "-1" error. If you run Vistumbler.au3 directly (you would need autoit installed to do this) it gives an actual error message, but getting the error to repeat is the hard part. This is definitely something i want to fix if i can ever find whats causing it.

I know I have seen more then 8000 APs in the database (though vistumbler is horrible at dealing with that much data). I have been loading a folder i have of VS1 files for like a week now (so slow) and must be up to at least 10,000 APs by now. It has been loading the 52nd VS1 file (which isn't that big) for 3 days now ...so i have definitely hit the practical limits of vistumbler.

What I really need to do is learn a programming language that would be better for this type of program. Autoit was made more for windows automation. I'm thinking I should start leaning C# so I could work with the inSSIDer folks to get some of the requested features I have had into it(or branch it into my own project...since its open source).
I've also encountered this problem when scanning with a gps on a laptop with only 256MB ram. At one point I just had to reboot the laptop because restarting Vistumbler didn't solve it.

Why don't you try VB.Net or one of the Microsoft IDEs (C#)? You can download the Express version for free AFAIK and it's pretty easy to pick up.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I haven't felt like re-learning a new language and re-writing vistumbler from scratch. This is something i always wanted to do but just haven't gotten the will to start over.
techman05

Post by techman05 »

ACalcutt wrote:I know I have seen more then 8000 APs in the database (though vistumbler is horrible at dealing with that much data). I have been loading a folder i have of VS1 files for like a week now (so slow) and must be up to at least 10,000 APs by now. It has been loading the 52nd VS1 file (which isn't that big) for 3 days now ...so i have definitely hit the practical limits of vistumbler.
I would cry with that freakout since there would be so little space for each wireless to talk. I'd think your picking up access point for a single network. Being this post is 2 years old I hope you found your fix but I would have thought that you could check for duplicate or dead ssid's and remove after a certain amount of time. Either that or I'd hope changing how your counting up or connecting to your database would fix this.

Have a nice day