X and Y data

Packrat1947

X and Y data

Post by Packrat1947 »

Is there any way we can get both X and Y data scales? A graph without scales isn't very useful.

Since Netstumbler is the standard, use their signal strength -50 -60 type format.

Sometimes I use Netstumbler to help folks adjust signal strength, antenna postition, etc. It is important to be able to see actual strength, and time. One router that I'm working with has dropouts every so often. Noteing the time is very helpful.

Thanks,
Packrat1947
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

Netsh gives me signal streanth in Percent, not db.

Adding coridinates to the y grid is planned, but right now each division is 10%. 0% being the bottom, 100% being the top

x coordinates are a little bit harder in my program since it only maps active data. Each entry on the graph is a new loop. This loop time can vary in time depeding on how big the list is and how many active access points there are.

If the signal drops I am not logging dead time at the moment. I may consider making it an option in the future, but i think I will slow the program down a good amount.

Unfortunaly right now my program and netstumbler are very different in terms of how it gets data. Netstumbler is working directly with the hardware and can get more acurate results. My program gets data from the netsh command 'netsh wlan show networks mode=bssid'. I am very limited in the type of data i can get. I am also using a high level programing language (AutoIT) instead of C, so logging dead time may end up being very cpu intensive.

I will try my best to get the features, but some things may be out of range of this script

Thanks
Andrew
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I added a option to allow the drops to be show in the graph. In vistumbler 7.3 check the option (Options -> Graph Dead Time) and it will now show drops.

I also built in the network refresher to make the data more accurate (it crude, but it helps) . (Extra --> Start Refreshing Networks)

-Andrew