SSID filter

alba

SSID filter

Post by alba »

Is it possible to filter certain SSID names for example i have many ssdi's like: test-1254 or test-1564154

I want to filter this part: "test"

SO HOW TO FILTER SYNONYMOUS SSID NAMES USING VISTUMBLER?
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: SSID filter

Post by ACalcutt »

Yes it is possible. I'm on my phone at the moment, so I don't remember exactly, but I think you would use "test%" (it should say at the top of the filter add window that like is %)
alba

Post by alba »

Is it possible to show all ssid points in map? Because now when you press one point than you get five or seven more points.

And test% filter does not work. It filters out all ssid.
Any other way to filter?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I updated filters to allow like in all fields with %. The only downside is if your SSID actually has a "%" in it you have to precede it with the escape character "\"

Can you overwrite your Vistumbler.exe file with this test version and retry like with % in SSID
https://github.com/RIEI/Vistumbler/blob ... e?raw=true

EDIT: you can also see the changes here ( https://github.com/RIEI/Vistumbler/comm ... 894929fa42 )
alba

Post by alba »

Thanx, it works.
alba

Post by alba »

For example i have ssid's "test-1234" and "test wifi".
How can i filter only test- ? I tried "test-%" but no luck, only "test%" works.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

When you add a dash it is likely treating the filter as a range. I will have to look into it.
alba

Post by alba »

Ok, thank you, the sooner, the better.
alba

Post by alba »

Any luck?
alba

Post by alba »

I have another problem, when i try to export to csv file, i want only to export filtered ssdis, but same ssids are exported multiple times (maybe with different RSSI values).
I tried to export summary comma delimited file, but i get an error: Line 32643 vistumbler exe
Error: array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

I think it is because of filter, example, test%

I want to export in .csv high RSSI, but it seems that it exports all RSSI signals for same SSID.

Edit: How can i copy entire column from vistumbler to excel? It seems i can not even highlight more than one row at the time ant copy it (because i can not export high RSSI to .csv, only RSSI is shown in .csv file)
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Sorry, my day Job has been kind of hectic recently. I haven't had much time to work on these requests.

The other day I did work on adding dash support in likes. you can test this by replacing your vistumbler.exe with the one here
https://github.com/RIEI/Vistumbler/raw/ ... umbler.exe
Changes can be viewed here: https://github.com/RIEI/Vistumbler/comm ... d11bd46807

for your example of "test-" you would need to format the filter with a backslash before the dash (ex. "test\-%").

This filtering may need to be re thought out. it mostly does what I wanted, but may have some issues with backslash i need to look at.

For CSV you are correct about the detailed CSV. This format shows all signal and gps history for every SSID. If the AP has history it will show more than once in the detailed CSV with different signal, time, and gps information. This format is meant to be a dump of all AP information stored, Like my VS1 format.

The CSV format you would want is summary, but up until this test version I have noticed I never added High Signal and High RSSI into this format (Just High Signal with a gps position was available). I updated summary to include High Signal and High RSSI in this test release.

The CSV crash you mentioned with summary csv. I tested a few times and was able to replicate it once from the compiled exe (out of multiple tries), but when I tried to track down where the problem was i couldn't get it to fail. I tried a few more times after compiling this version and didn't have an issue. So...it may be fixed...but let me know if it continues...
alba

Post by alba »

Yeah, i still get the crash with filtered csv summary, maybe bacause i filter "test/-%", so this "/" could cause the program to crash.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I have EIHOME-G and EIHOME-N and I used the filter EIHOME\-% with no issue. If the filter works properly in the GUI it should work in the export.

I will look into it more. I did get the error one of the times I tested....I was just never able to repeat it. Can you try stopping the scan before exporting?
alba

Post by alba »

The other problem is that when i install freshly vistumbler and put your exe file : https://github.com/RIEI/Vistumbler/raw/ ... umbler.exe
after computer restart, or after some time not using vistumbler i can not load the program. It just shows to create new session or restore previous, but when i do it, nothing happens.