Newbie...

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
crowheart1567

Newbie...

Post by crowheart1567 »

Application seems easy enough, but I am quite green. Any chance of a noob guide? This application is just for finding networks not hacking into them I assume? I am trying to learn about wardriving. I am fairly new to computers so this might be a rough road for me. I like challenges though. I pick up 3 networks from my house using this tool. What does start refreshing the networks do? So what my untechie brain is picking up is that this app is a tool designed to discover vulnerable or unsecured networks and then map them. Is this correct ? If someone wanted to probe a network lets say a WEP enabled one what application would one use?

Sorry about the basic questions, but I am very new. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peace...
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Newbie...

Post by ACalcutt »

Vistumbler, like you said, is a program for finding and mapping wireless networks.

There are no hacking tools included with vistumbler, If you are looking for wireless hacking software you may want to take a look at BackTrack 3 (http://www.remote-exploit.org/backtrack.html )

Start refreshing network repeatedly clicks the refresh button on the network "connect to" window. This updates the data given by netsh so vistumbler is more accurate