Saving Graph Data

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
krisdotca

Saving Graph Data

Post by krisdotca »

I'm new to Vistumbler so forgive me if this is a basic question. I'm trying to use Vistumbler to debug a problem with what I suspect are momentary disruptions on a wireless network. Is there a way to have Vistumbler start automatically with Windows and to save the graph data so that I can look at it at the end of the day to see how many time the connection dropped? If it could do this from the system tray so that the user wouldn't be bothered with it running, that would be a bonus as well.

Cheers, Kris
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Saving Graph Data

Post by ACalcutt »

Currently there is no way to start scanning automatically. It could easily be done though.

The graphing really wouldn't be useful over the period of a day (that much signal data wouldn't be viewable). You could export the data to detailed csv.
ACalcutt

Re: Saving Graph Data

Post by ACalcutt »

Try this. I added support to Auto Scan when vistumbler is launched. (Options --> Auto Scan APs on launch). This will be available in the next release if you don't want to do it manually.

Copy the Vistumbler.exe into your current vistumbler directory (overwriting the one thats there).
Attachments
Vistumbler_test.zip
(877.68 KiB) Downloaded 309 times