Problems on gps

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
Finlay

Problems on gps

Post by Finlay »

Hi all;
I am an happy owner of Oregon 550t and I would like to know which method or guide to follow to visualize on the gps more independent tracks pieces simultaneously and together with the preloaded map.
The problem is that if I load these tracks pieces as a single track (since in this gps is not possible to view more tracks at the same time), all the final parts of the pieces are connected with the beginning of the following piece making the vision very difficult.
For this reason I would like to to convert the track to a map and then import it in the gps and put on top of the preloaded map.
As an alternative i could first download the preloaded map from the gps to the pc, insert the track and import everything again.
Note that is not important that the gps follow this track, It could only show it for example like a river; I don't need any navigation function but only see the track with no connecting lines between the pieces.
Does someone of you know the procedure to do this as simple as possible?
All what I have now are hundreds of tracks in .plt or .gpx format not joined and tens of km one far from the other; I must visualize all of them and togheter with the preloaded map.
Thank you for every suggestion.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Problems on gps

Post by ACalcutt »

Let see if i understand this correctly

You are exporting multiple scans to a single gpx file. Because of the way the tracks are ordered (by date/time) you basically get one track with no breaks and all your scans are connected together (drawing a line from the one scans last point to the first point of another scan). Does this seem like what is happening (I had a little trouble understanding you post)?

I know i fixed this issue when exporting to KML. basically in the KML if the time difference is over 2 seconds then it starts a new track (instead of continuing and drawing a line between the two tracks). I don't think I am doing the same thing with GPX files currently.

Maybe a temporary solution would be to export to KML and use something like http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/ to convert the KML to GPX
Finlay

Post by Finlay »

I go to try.
Meanwhile thanks.
Bye
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

But that is what your talking about right?

the best example I have is an old camping KML before I added the new track after 2 seconds into the kml
kml_lines.png
kml_lines.png (1.1 MiB) Viewed 5299 times
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I haven't tried this myself, but GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) could also be an option (but I'm not sure if it would separate your tracks)