ACKK!

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

ACKK!

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I guess I keep findin bugs and errors and such cause I am using the living daylights out of it.

Two nights back I thought I would see if I could get a little better refresh rate on my Vista machine by checkmarking "use native wifi". Curiousity was satiated so I went back to deselect and now it seems to be stuck. I have done a few reinstalls of both 9.6 and 9.4 and I am still Unable to release native mode. wouldn't be too much of an issue other than often I have many AP's that share the same SSID (linksys especialy) and without mac addresses I have a VERY hard time sorting them out. Will dig about in my comp's network settings to see what I can find on this end..
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: ACKK!

Post by ACalcutt »

it seems like you have a lot of strange problems with vistumbler. It almost sound like it is randomly having trouble writing data into the vistumbler directory. Or possibly have multiple copies of vistumber open, so when you switch modes in one window the new settings get overwritten when you close the other window

I just tested switching to native wifi mode and back and it seemed to work fine. This is on your vista machine right(XP only supports native wifi mode)?

Before starting vistumbler you could try changing a setting in the vistumbler settings file (VistumblerDIR/Settings/vistumbler_settings.ini)
look for the "UseNativeWifi" under the [Vistumbler] heading. It should be "UseNativeWifi=0" to be disabled
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

On first point, using multiple instances... Nop.. Being processor heavy I am very very careful not to run multiple instances of 'stumbler.

I went into the settings ini file ans set native wifi =0 and saved.. I then did a system restart and then ran Vistumbler... The check box in the options menu is greyed out and checked.

Now that I have looked back on everything.. I do remeber havibng a slight annoyance by Vista telling me that the install settings are incorrect and may cause performance issues.. I used to just ignore this 'flag' and carry on with no problems. the last tiem this happenned I allowed Vista to make the required changes itself. this may be the problem. let me do an uninstall and reinstall and get back to you
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Was jst outside for some night air when your mention that XP Vistumbler runs native radio only when I remebered that I HAD been running vistumbler in XP compat mode! !! Yes I smacked my forehead on this!

I am now a Vist-Idiot! LOL All is good now.