Here is a new issue...

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Here is a new issue...

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

'Stumbler has started to behave a little oddly... Is scanning and recording data but NOT displaying the results .. THe results screen stays blank. I have tried restart with no luck.. still blank.. if I reload and recover database.. still no luck.. went to restart the computer then restart 'stumbler.. no love.. BUT if I import data files , the resuts ARE displayed.

Yes Using English version with English language pack and no filtering... I uninstalled then reinstalled ( thankfully vistumbler is lightening fast on this) and was able to get ONE clean realtime results display until I stop search then restart search... Have been searching through the settings file but haven't seen anything obviously wrong .

this issue seems to have started a couple days ago when I went from 9.4 - 9.6

I have not been able to try radio with on other computer just yet... Will sometime in next day or so once I relocate the radio..
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Here is a new issue...

Post by pferland »

I know Andrew was working on the graphing functions last night and that could be an issue, he could have inadvertently broken something and put it up on the SVN

I would try going back one revision and try that. unfortunately here at work i don't have a vista machine to try a few things out :-(

-Phil
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

well, I have the one vista machine with the others being XP... The computer I use tu search AP's is vista and the one I process with uses XP... I have not done any stumbler upgrades since the 5th.. but that MAY be the issue.

I have insatalled and connectted my radio/antenna combo on this XP machine and I am getting same issue... Data being acquired and stored but not displayed...

I will roll back the installs and see what happens.. Thanks Pfer
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

other than filtering i can't think of anything that would do that. can you send me the mdb file from your scan (its in the temp directory) so i can see if i can replicated the problem

@pferland - The changes to the graph have not been posted to SVN or made public yet(other than the percent values). This is not the cause of the problem ;-)
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

damn I was hoping you did put the changes on the SVN, so I could blame it all in you
damn you andrew
/me waves fist
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

phil....don't you have a wifidb to work on(we see the post but no code ;-) )...or you know...maybe some actual work ;-)
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Gee, you two bicker like an old married couple ! :lol:

I rolled back on XP machine to v9.6 and reinstalled radio drivers and all seem stable for now.... will try same on Vista machine and see.
Oh! seems that there were column separtor lines before...
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

We're not bickering...its all in fun ;-)

What separator lines do you mean? did you find the problem?
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

well I ahad thought I had seen vertical lines seperating the output columns before.. could just be a faulty mem module in my own brain.

All I can ive are symptoms and not causes.. if I can get around to familiarizing myself with the code, I may be able to trace it down..

Of my bickering about you two bickering was likewise in fun! Would roll eyes if phpbbs wasn't being .. weird.

OT gonna take pics of new rig mount today.. will post in hardware soon as I can find the other mini usb cable ;)
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I'm guessing the phpbb issues were caused by the internet outage I just had.... damn internet....

can you PM or Post a copy of your MDB file?
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

YEah Big internet outage.. hit alot of people.. a personal friend had one of his sites hacked during the outage... His personal opinion is it was the chineese.... Conspiracies abound
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I will post MDB as soon as wife gives up the vista machine...may not be until evening or tommorrow AM
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

na....my modem went offline...it was charter again. Which means my website also went down ;-)
/me waves fist at cable company
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

okay andy WHICH .mdb file you need?

I reinstalled 9.4 from sourceforge to the Vista machine and all seems okay right now. will be making a long drive today.. we will see...
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I need the DB that is giving you the issue (A scan that finds APs but does not show them).

If you are using vistumbler v9.6 there is only one DB called VistumblerDB.mdb.
If you are using v9.7 beta then there can be multiple mdb files. To find what one you should send look in the title bar and the file name should show there.
mdbfilename.jpg
mdbfilename.jpg (21.68 KiB) Viewed 12556 times
I'm back to work today (vacations are too short :-(), so my responses might not be as quick as last week(unless I am slacking off ;-) ).
mysticvirgo67

Re: Here is a new issue...Here are all files from past few dayso

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Here are all the files from past few days... Included are several scans and the db's... I always belived more data is better than less... gWould hate for the clues to be in data I haven't packaged...
Attachments
Vistumbler_9-6.zip
V9.7.4 data
(2.76 MiB) Downloaded 294 times
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

Hey Mystic,
I was board so I downloaded the zip file that you attached to take a look at the mdb and vs1 files, but when I opened up the zip there was no `tmp` or `save` folders.
Could you have accidently zipped up the wrong vistumbler folder?

-Phil
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Hmm.. I suppose is posible.. was way early/late in the wee hours and had been running in "overclocked" mode ( lots of coffee!!) .

Ummm. tumbler was still crashing today then I got the idea to mess with some settings.. I enabled Auto open KML network and now everything is running stable. Hmm.. sos I think there might be an overlooked conditional statement in that subroutine.

Can ya tell I been a busy little 'driver? :mrgreen: