Autoupdater does not update

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
DataKnight

Autoupdater does not update

Post by DataKnight »

I've just tried an autoupdate (v9.4) to the latest version under Vista Business SP1 and when finished there is no Vistumbler executable left in the directory. I end up having to download the main program again and reinstalling it. This then forces me to ignore the auto-update.

Can anyone help with this one?

THanks

Ken
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Autoupdater does not update

Post by ACalcutt »

The only time I have seen something like this it was caused by the users firewall ( http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewt ... f=11&t=170 ). Another possibility is your antivirus is deleting the file (False positive on my latest version)

The latest update consisted of 3 files which get downloaded from the vistumbler svn (show here : http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... vision=385). See if you can download the files at that link. This is the same location the autoupdates is downloading from.

If you can download those 3 files you can just put them into the vistumbler directory (rename "versions-beta.ini" to "versions.ini")
DataKnight

Post by DataKnight »

Thanks for the info which I have followed.

I have also discovered that Kaspersky AV had quarantined the executable. I have now sent this off to them and said that it was a false positive but have had no reposnse as yet from them.

DK
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Yes, apparantly Kapersky has had an ongoing issue wuth falsing on Vistumbler.
Myself, I have been running Avast! and have had ZERO issues with falsing on 'stumbler.

wondering how McAffee and other "first line" AVP's behave :?:
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"