Fultering out Null SSID's

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Fultering out Null SSID's

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

So now my DB's are flooded with AP's not broadcasting ssid's. I am not interested in those... They are mostly just the wifi connecting the traffic signals in my area and are, for all intents , just NOISE to me. What string do I use in the filter to exclude null ssid's?
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Fultering out Null SSID's

Post by ACalcutt »

Good point....i never really considered that blank SSIDs couldn't be filtered out (I was just glad i finally got filtering working...haha). I will see what I can do to filter blank SSIDs.
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

well. I will try " " (blank in quotes) and see... As soon as I can entice the wife off of the laptop (new sims3 addict) :lol:
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

well even if that worked (which i don't think it will) that would only make you see blank access points. I'm thinking i need to add a not equal symobol "<>" to be able to filter out APs.

I was thinking about it and the only way to actually do this right now would be to modify the settings file before loading vistumbler.

Look for "AddQuery" and "RemoveQuery" under [Filters] in Settings\vistumbler_settings.ini. These could be modified to do what you want by doing this.

AddQuery=SELECT ApID, SSID, BSSID, NETTYPE, RADTYPE, CHAN, AUTH, ENCR, SecType, BTX, OTX, MANU, LABEL, HighGpsHistID, FirstHistID, LastHistID, LastGpsID, Active FROM AP WHERE SSID<>''
RemoveQuery=SELECT ApID, SSID, BSSID, NETTYPE, RADTYPE, CHAN, AUTH, ENCR, SecType, BTX, OTX, MANU, LABEL, HighGpsHistID, FirstHistID, LastHistID, LastGpsID, Active FROM AP SSID=''

Unfortunately if you do this you can't go into the settings GUI or it will redo those two sql queries from the filters that you have set.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

well even if that worked (which i don't think it will) that would only make you see blank access points. I'm thinking i need to add a not equal symobol "<>" to be able to filter out APs.

I was thinking about it and the only way to actually do this right now would be to modify the settings file before loading vistumbler.

Look for "AddQuery" and "RemoveQuery" under [Filters] in Settings\vistumbler_settings.ini. These could be modified to do what you want by doing this.

AddQuery=SELECT ApID, SSID, BSSID, NETTYPE, RADTYPE, CHAN, AUTH, ENCR, SecType, BTX, OTX, MANU, LABEL, HighGpsHistID, FirstHistID, LastHistID, LastGpsID, Active FROM AP WHERE SSID<>''
RemoveQuery=SELECT ApID, SSID, BSSID, NETTYPE, RADTYPE, CHAN, AUTH, ENCR, SecType, BTX, OTX, MANU, LABEL, HighGpsHistID, FirstHistID, LastHistID, LastGpsID, Active FROM AP SSID=''

Unfortunately if you do this you can't go into the settings GUI or it will redo those two sql queries from the filters that you have set.
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I'll try this , Andrew... Let you know in next couple days.. Laptop is our only machine currently able to run Sims3 so wife has siezed it to feed her addiction LOL
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

You should be able to use a blank SSID and <> now (v9.6 Beta 7)

to not show blank SSIDs you can just use one of the following
<>
<>''
<>""
to show only blanks
<--nothing
''
""

quotes are ignored right now and arn't really needed (but can be used)

you can still seperate multiple entrys with a comma
<>,<>linksys,<>netgear
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

kewlness! KAYTHXBai!