Signal strength visualization

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
marza072

Post by marza072 »

Hey. Does anyone know what mean colors of circles on a map after visualization of data from Vistumbler? I scanned the wifi hotspots and visualized it in google earth. Each point has two circles - green and orange. What do they mean? Does anyone know how to visualize the signal strength on the map? Thanks for help!
Attachments
16010131_10207978866621664_630080250_o.png
16010131_10207978866621664_630080250_o.png (1.82 MiB) Viewed 8564 times
FogDawn

Post by FogDawn »

marzea072 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:10 pm Hey. Does anyone know what mean colors of circles on a map after visualization of data from Vistumbler? I scanned the wifi hotspots and visualized it in google earth. Each point has two circles - green and orange. What do they mean? Does anyone know how to visualize the signal strength on the map? Thanks for help!
Good question Marza. Did you find out?
This is why Testoprime is much needed when you want quick results.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

Hi FogDown. I answered marza's question on facebook, but I wasn't able to find it.

This is what the graph in the image shows. This is part of the KML/KMZ export options.

The orange circles are from the option "Show GPS Signal Map" with the "Use circle to show signal strenth" checked. Personally I like to leave "Use circle to show signal strength" unchecked and use the default line type graph. This shows signal history (though it looks much better as the line graph signal map)

The green circles are from the option "Show GPS Range Map". The center of the circle is where the AP was the strongest. The edge of the circle is the farthest place it was seen.

The green, orange, and red icons indicate the network type. Green is open, wep is orange, and red is secure. they are positioned at the location the signal was found to be the strongest