Line-1 Error

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
boomshot

Line-1 Error

Post by boomshot »

I'm on Vista x64 and I just installed the newest version of Vistumbler but every time I click on scan ap I always get this Line-1 error and then it crash.

Line-1
Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript
dimension rage exceeded.

How do i fix this?
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Line-1 Error

Post by ACalcutt »

Did the previous versions work for you?

-1 is just a general error autoit gives when the script is compiled. It would give a better error(The actual line number) if you run the Vistumbler.au3 script file (with autoit installed http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml)

If i had to guess it is probably in the _ScanAccessPoints() function. Since it only happens when you scan.

What language version of windows are you using? If it is a language other than english are you using the proper language pack(Settings -->Set language)

Are you using the Native wifi option(Options --> Use Native Wifi)? This is still very experimental
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

I'm using English as my default language. I check the Native wifi but i still get the same error. I install autoIt program and ran the Vistumbler.au3 and I get this error.

Line 1371 (*point to where the file is installed*)

$New_Lat = $GpsMatchArray[1][1]
$New_Lat = ^ ERROR

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension rage exceeded.

And yes the program did work after I reformated by computer, but when I started downloading all the updates, that's when I started getting this error. It happen with the past version too.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Could you post your "temp\VistumblerDB.mdb" database so I could look at it? The error you are getting indicates that the GpsID does not exist. This usually only happens if there is an error in the database or the gps id isn't adding itself in properly

After uploading VistumblerDB.mdb to the forum try deleting it(or renaming it) and run vistumbler again. Does it still crash?

Also, for testing purposes right now please leave "Use Native Wifi" unckecked. Also note that because you tried the native wifi the "Auto Refresh Networks" option got unchecked. if we can get this working you may want to turn this option back on for better results
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

Yeah it still crash.

I had to change the extension to .txt because the .mdb extension isn't allowed.
Attachments
VistumblerDB.txt
vistumblerdb.mdb
(64 KiB) Downloaded 472 times
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

That's strange....that database is empty....it doesn't have any of the tables it should have (that get created on vistumbler load). Try putting my database file there (rename from txt to mdb) and when it asks if you want to recover the MDB say yes.
Attachments
VistumblerDB.txt
(96 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

hopefully it works now.
Attachments
VistumblerDB.txt
(96 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Is it still crashing when run with that DB file? That file is going to be deleted again when you close vistumbler, so it may stop working again.
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the vista update. It would work fine before I start downloading the updates after a fresh reformat but mess up after I install them.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

vistumbler updates or windows updates
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

windows updates
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

I installed 9.2 and updated and replace the .exe with version 8.1. Everything working fine now.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

well 8.1 does not use a database, so that makes sense. Your error seems to be caused by it not creating the database properly.

There have been many internal improvements and some added feature since 8.1, so its to bad v9 doesn't seem to work for you.

I still wonder what the problem is. Are you running a antivirus? if so, what one?
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

Kaspersky Internet Security 8.0.0.506
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I know at one point i did have to contact Kaspersky to get vistumbler removed (false positive). I wonder if this is related. Does Kaspersky have any logs that you could check to see if anything is being blocked?
boomshot

Post by boomshot »

Not that I know of. Well I exited out of Kaspersky and I still get the Line-1 error. I then updated to 9.3 and when I press scan nothing show up, not even the error.