Delete information in KML/KMZ file's

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
Young

Delete information in KML/KMZ file's

Post by Young »

hi,

Some questions that I hope you can help me with.

1. As the others I also have problems with the auto update of vistumbler - say's it is a virus. (Cant remember the name of it as it is installed on another of my PC's)

2. I would like to use google maps to show the access point's but I have a problem with deleting some of the informations that are shown. What I really want to show is only SSID and which cryptation is used then a user clik's on a accesspoint i google earth. But how is it possible remove all of this infomation? - I have tryed to open the VS file in exel but it is not sorted in collums.

3. Where is it or is it possible to have one color for the open AP, one colour for the WEP AP and another for WPA AP?

4. Do you know how many point's google maps allow to have online? I mean that I read some place that it is 500 point's.?

Hope to hear from you

Thanks
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Delete information in KML/KMZ file's

Post by ACalcutt »

1.) The problem with the antivirus false positives is a hard one to fix. I usually try to contact antivirus companies and get it fixed when i find out about it, but its usually not long before vistumbler detects as another false positive. Its an ongoing problem that I am tired of dealing with.

2.) Right now i don't have an way in the program to change what information gets put into the KML file. Vistumbler is hard coded to export the captions with all that information. I can look into making some options to change this. You could modify the kml file after it is created, but unless you script it that would be a horribly manual process(Look for "<![CDATA[)".

You could also modify the "SaveKML" function in vistumbler.au3(then recompile http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/dow ... ain...look for the "<![CDATA[)" lines.
you would want to change this line(there should be 3 of the total)

Code: Select all

& '<description><![CDATA[<b>' & $Column_Names_SSID & ': </b>' & $ExpSSID & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_BSSID & ': </b>' & $ExpBSSID & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_NetworkType & ': </b>' & $ExpNET & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_RadioType & ': </b>' & $ExpRAD & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Channel & ': </b>' & $ExpCHAN & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Authentication & ': </b>' & $ExpAUTH & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Encryption & ': </b>' & $ExpENCR & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_BasicTransferRates & ': </b>' & $ExpBTX & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_OtherTransferRates & ': </b>' & $ExpOTX & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_FirstActive & ': </b>' & $ExpFirstDateTime & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_LastActive & ': </b>' & $ExpLastDateTime & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Latitude & ': </b>' & $ExpLat & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Longitude & ': </b>' & $ExpLon & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_MANUF & ': </b>' & $ExpMANU & '<br />]]></description>' _
to

Code: Select all

& '<description><![CDATA[<b>' & $Column_Names_SSID & ': </b>' & $ExpSSID & '<br />]]></description>' _

3.)By default, vistumbler should show Open APs (Auth:Open, Encr: None) as green, WEP as orange, and everything else as red. If it is not doing this than the searchwords(located in the langage pack file) for Open, None, or WEP may be incorrect. It could also be caused by using the wrong langauge pack for you version of windows

4.)I don't know what the limit is. In google earth we have had ~17,000 APs in a kml file. This was a export of phils wifidb (http://www.randomintervals.com/wifidb/). I'm not sure if google maps is more limited than google earth
Young

Post by Young »

Hi,

I have tryed to find the code that you write below in the vistumbler.au3 file but I can't find it.
I have now tryed to change all

& '<description><![CDATA[<b>' & $Column_Names_SSID & ': </b>' & $ExpSSID & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_BSSID & ': </b>' & $ExpBSSID & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_NetworkType & ': </b>' & $ExpNET & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_RadioType & ': </b>' & $ExpRAD & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Channel & ': </b>' & $ExpCHAN & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Authentication & ': </b>' & $ExpAUTH & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Encryption & ': </b>' & $ExpENCR & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_BasicTransferRates & ': </b>' & $ExpBTX & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_OtherTransferRates & ': </b>' & $ExpOTX & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Latitude & ': </b>' & $ExpLat & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Longitude & ': </b>' & $ExpLon & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_MANUF & ': </b>' & $ExpMANU & '<br />]]></description>' & @CRLF

lines to

& '<description><![CDATA[<b>' & $Column_Names_SSID & ': </b>' & $ExpSSID & '<br />]]></description>' _

Then I run vistumbler in Run Script program from http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/downloads.shtml but I still get all the information about the access point.

Witch line is it in the vistumbler.au3 file that I need to change, and do I need to end the new code with ' & @CRLF?

Thanks
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

The _SaveKML() function has been removed in the latest version (Part of my code cleanup after I added signal mapping)

The fucntion you want to look for now is _KmlPosMapAPID($APID). In the latest beta (v9.8 Beta 5) the line you want to change is 6108

the changes I mentioned above should still be the same.

Change line 6108 from
& ' <description><![CDATA[<b>' & $Column_Names_SSID & ': </b>' & $ExpSSID & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_BSSID & ': </b>' & $ExpBSSID & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_NetworkType & ': </b>' & $ExpNET & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_RadioType & ': </b>' & $ExpRAD & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Channel & ': </b>' & $ExpCHAN & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Authentication & ': </b>' & $ExpAUTH & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Encryption & ': </b>' & $ExpENCR & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_BasicTransferRates & ': </b>' & $ExpBTX & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_OtherTransferRates & ': </b>' & $ExpOTX & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_FirstActive & ': </b>' & $ExpFirstDateTime & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_LastActive & ': </b>' & $ExpLastDateTime & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Latitude & ': </b>' & $ExpLat & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_Longitude & ': </b>' & $ExpLon & '<br /><b>' & $Column_Names_MANUF & ': </b>' & $ExpMANU & '<br />]]></description>'

to
& ' <description><![CDATA[<b>' & $Column_Names_SSID & ': </b>' & $ExpSSID & '<br />]]></description>'
And no, the & @CRLF should not be needed. It is supposed to be there (looks like I forgot it), but it won't do anything other than format the file a little differently.
Young

Post by Young »

Oh so that is why :-)

Line 6108 in the vistumbler.au3 is - that dosn't look like the script you said. :-( ?

$RefAutoKmlActiveTime = Round($AutoKmlActiveTime / 2)
$RefAutoKmlDeadTime = Round($AutoKmlDeadTime / 2)
$RefAutoKmlTrackTime = Round($AutoKmlTrackTime / 2)
If $RefAutoKmlGpsTime < 1 Then $RefAutoKmlGpsTime = 1
If $RefAutoKmlActiveTime < 1 Then $RefAutoKmlActiveTime = 1
If $RefAutoKmlDeadTime < 1 Then $RefAutoKmlDeadTime = 1
If $RefAutoKmlTrackTime < 1 Then $RefAutoKmlTrackTime = 1
$file = '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>' & @CRLF _
& '<kml xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.2">' & @CRLF _
& ' <Document>' & @CRLF _
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

You must not be using v9.8 Beta 5 (you can see the latest copy on the svn here http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... iew=markup ...it is on line 6108 )

Try this

Put these files in your vistumbler directory. Vistumbler_ShortKmlDesc.exe is the latest version of vistumbler with those changes made
Attachments
Vistumbler_ShortKmlDesc.zip
(822.91 KiB) Downloaded 359 times