How to use GPS

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
40Habits

How to use GPS

Post by 40Habits »

Hi i'm having problems using gps. i am running windows 8 and using garmin nuvi 1300. it does put out nmea data. my problem is that i don't know how to set the gps settings. com port, baud port or any of that because i don't know where to get that information from. where would i find these information to get this to work. thank you for any help.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: How to use GPS

Post by ACalcutt »

Usually you just need to set the gps com port. you can find it by going into "device manager" and looking under ports. it would look something like this http://www.laptopgpsworld.com/attachmen ... anager.jpg
scram

How to use GPS

Post by scram »

Good evening,

Returning to a topic that is a bit old, how can you configure a GPS when I do not already have port (lpt, com) installed in my device?

Also my nuivi 1390 is taken as USB connected mobile device

I find no valid solution to the problem.

Another thing, would it be possible to put a kind of (at) techidiots.net? visibly gmail problem when I click on the link, the application starts but there is no essage that is created.

Thank you for your help.
It is currently

How to use GPS

Post by It is currently »

do you use on the new GNS Receiver?
scram

How to use GPS

Post by scram »

Hello

after doing a research to find out what it was a gns,

I have a small antenna jack that plugs into the cigarette lighter cord supply devices
ACalcutt

How to use GPS

Post by ACalcutt »

Vistumbler needs a device that creates a com port and can do NMEA data over the serial (com) connection.

It the past I have used a program call "GpsGate Splittler", which allows you to connect to a bunch of different devices and create a virtual com port that vistumbler can connect to.

For my tablet, which uses the microsoft location platform, I use "Cenrafuse Localizer GUI", which creates a virtual com port that allows me to use the sensors usually only accessable through the windows location platform.