No AP found: Mac BP running Parallels

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
DaveLG526

No AP found: Mac BP running Parallels

Post by DaveLG526 »

I can't see any wireless links when I use Vistumbler on my Mac Book pro running with Parallels.

I have the "Use Native WiFi" box checked.

Any ideas?
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: No AP found: Mac BP running Parallels

Post by ACalcutt »

Are you passing a usb wireless card to your parallels virtual machine? Is this adapter selected in the interface menu?
DaveLG526

Post by DaveLG526 »

I do not use an external USB WiFi adapter. I use the internal WiFii card in the MBP.

I now see where the problem is though. Under interface I see "no adapter found".
I have the use Native WiFi checked.
DaveLG526

Post by DaveLG526 »

I put debug on and see a com error about ODBC. err.number 80020009, Microsoft OLE DB Provider for OBDC Drivers.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

My guess is its because of the way you are passing your wireless card to your virtual machine that its not going to work. You need windows to see your wireless card as an actual wireless adapter. Just bridging your wireless card to the parallels virtual machine isn't going to be enough since windows would not see the actual wireless card.

If you were passing through a usb adapter to your virtual machine it would work. But I bet right now if you looked at your network connections in windows there would not be a wireless adapter for Vistumbler to use.