Channel number

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
foxflyer

Channel number

Post by foxflyer »

I changed the channel in my router, but when I scan A/Ps, the channel change is not recognized. Why? Thanks.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Channel number

Post by ACalcutt »

Did you make sure to save and reboot your router after changing the channel? If you go back into the router does it show the channel you expect?

Does the access point in vistumbler show as active? If the channel changes the old access point will stay in the list but show as Dead and a new access point with the new channel should be added to the list.
foxflyer

Post by foxflyer »

Thanks for the timely response. I logged into the router and it showed the channel I expected. And, when I reopened Vistumbler it still displayed the old channel number. There was only one listing displayed for my router, and it was shown as active. I'm just wanting to keep my router on a different channel from all the other router being detected. Even though Vistumbler doesn't display the current channel number, I'm hopeful that my router is on a different channel from the others being detected.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Did you try rebooting the router by unplugging and plugging it back in (or rebooting through the web gui if you have the option)? It sounds like your changes just have not become active yet.

In Vistumbler, if you Clear the list (Edit --> Clear All) does the access point come back? Does the RSSI/Signal seem to be changing at all? If yes to both it sounds like your router is still running on the old channel.
foxflyer

Post by foxflyer »

HaHa, rebooted the router and all is well. It displayed the expected channel number, and all the other items are constantly updating. Thanks again.