GSP dont work

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
dingo

GSP dont work

Post by dingo »

Hello for everybody, I'm newbee

I have vista 64, I use last vistumbler, I have Qstarz Bt-q818 (http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/qstarz-bt ... review.php), I use GPS on Bluetooh. I configure right bluetooh on windows driver :D. The GPS work with VisualGPS i receving data, but on vistumbler don't work, it say "error opening gps port" i configure it :

com 5 (becaouse i have com 5 bluetooh, and it work with visualGPS, and all same parameter) baound: 1152000, databit 8, stop bit 1, Parity null (i try to change all), I use only CommMG (becaouse i have vista 64) my language is set on italian.

Where is the problem? thank you for help.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: GSP dont work

Post by ACalcutt »

I have noticed some people with non-en_us versions of vista have trouble with CommMG. It may be something to do with that. If that is the case then there really isn't much you can do to get it working. Usually i would recommend trying Netcomm, but it is not compatible with x64

Personally I have never used vistumbler in a no en_us version of vista, so i am not sure what may be the cause of this. Anybody else here using CommMG on an Italian version of vista?

I will ask the creator of CommMG if he knows of any compatibility issues with other languages
dingo

Post by dingo »

I will try to install addon US language on vista ultimate :D
dingo

Post by dingo »

I install add on english, i set default english language and position.

GPS don't work same problem... "error open GPS port" but... if I try to set a port com 9 (my in incoming port bluetooh) it say "error opern GPS port" but now if i try to set com 10 (my outcoming port) it say "second since GPS update" then "error gps". I think is wrong, right port is 9 and it work on 9 port in VisualGPS.

The real problem is it don't open a port of GPS.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Well,

if you get the "second since GPS update" message that means it was able to open the com port with those settings. Does the "second since GPS update" reach 10 seconds and turn GPS back off?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

just out of curiosity, you don't have visualgps running when you try to use vistumbler right? because if you do the com port would already be open and and vistumbler would get a "error open GPS port" error
dingo

Post by dingo »

Ofcourse, when I try to use GPS on vistumbler, visualGPS is off :D, I know when I use a com port another program don't work :mrgreen:

Today I install vista 32bit version and use a 32 bit stable driver, and it work :lol:
I hope in future version it working on 64bit not english language :D ,

will see
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Hey, it was worth confirming :-)

Did you use English Vista x32 or Italian x32?

I also hope to have better x64 support in the future :D
dingo

Post by dingo »

ACalcutt wrote:Hey, it was worth confirming :-)

Did you use English Vista x32 or Italian x32?

I also hope to have better x64 support in the future :D
I used vista x32 Italian Version.

today I try to test Vistumbler on Windows 7 x64 english version ...
dingo

Post by dingo »

Bad news.. I install Windows 7 x64 English Version, all impostations are English US.

the Vistumbler's gps don't work, same problem like vista x64 it say "error opening gps port"
but visualgps work very well XD same connection impostation XD :evil:
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Are you using commg or netcomm? is netcomm ocx able to install in windows 7?...i have not tried yet (http://www.mvps.org/rgrier/NetCommOCX.zip)

I haven't done much in windows 7. I've noticed a few bugs (gps not working being one of them) but i haven't messed windows 7 enough to fix anything(and its only a beta right now, so it could start working once its finalized). I'm just happy its still scans in the latest version. The first release that floated around the web (build 6801) wouldn't even scan access points. That changed in build 6956 (http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewt ... f=33&t=159) and scanning worked again.
dingo

Post by dingo »

ACalcutt wrote:Are you using commg or netcomm? is netcomm ocx able to install in windows 7?...i have not tried yet (http://www.mvps.org/rgrier/NetCommOCX.zip)

I haven't done much in windows 7. I've noticed a few bugs (gps not working being one of them) but i haven't messed windows 7 enough to fix anything(and its only a beta right now, so it could start working once its finalized). I'm just happy its still scans in the latest version. The first release that floated around the web (build 6801) wouldn't even scan access points. That changed in build 6956 (http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewt ... f=33&t=159) and scanning worked again.
I use commMG , because is only available on x64 system, I cant' install a netcomm that you posted, I receving a error for incompatibily system. Today I install dual both on my notebook w7 x64 and vista x32 (I still use commg and vistumbler working :D )
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Oh, I did not realize you where using x64 version of windows 7. netcomm is definatly not compatible with any x64 versions of windows(which was the whole reason i added CommMG in the first place).

I may need to have you test something for me so we can try to get CommMG working. The creator of CommMG wanted to know if CommMG was able to list the com ports on your computer(http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index ... t&p=627492). I will have to make a test script for you to test so we can see if it does.

I still have to make the test script, but i will let you know once i make it
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Here is the test script (List_Ports.exe). If it is successful you should see a prompt like this
listports.jpg
listports.jpg (5.43 KiB) Viewed 26192 times
Otherwise you will get a prompt with a error message
Attachments
List_Ports.zip
(432.99 KiB) Downloaded 562 times
dingo

Post by dingo »

ACalcutt wrote:Oh, I did not realize you where using x64 version of windows 7. netcomm is definatly not compatible with any x64 versions of windows(which was the whole reason i added CommMG in the first place).

I may need to have you test something for me so we can try to get CommMG working. The creator of CommMG wanted to know if CommMG was able to list the com ports on your computer(http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index ... t&p=627492). I will have to make a test script for you to test so we can see if it does.

I still have to make the test script, but i will let you know once i make it
ok send me the script ;)

report:

Windows Vista x32 ita > netcomm ocx > working
Windows Vista x32 ita > commMG > "error opening GPS port"
Windows Vista x64 ita > commMG > "error opening GPS port"
Windows Vista x64 all config English_Us > commMG > "error opening GPS port"

I think the commMG, don't work :( .
dingo

Post by dingo »

ACalcutt wrote:Here is the test script (List_Ports.exe). If it is successful you should see a prompt like this
listports.jpg
Otherwise you will get a prompt with a error message
On Vista x32 ita > script woking on port com 3 / com 4
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

ideally you should test this on the systems that are not working (Italian x64, Windows 7, etc). This is the only thing martin (the creator of commMG) has asked for so far.

It is strange that it didn't work in Vista x64 en_us, since i have used it myself. I haven't used x64 in a while (mainly due to cisco vpn not working), so its possible it has stopped working(but it works in x32 since that is what i use...so i doubt it). I wonder if commMG has problems with certain GPS devices.
dingo

Post by dingo »

ACalcutt wrote:ideally you should test this on the systems that are not working (Italian x64, Windows 7, etc). This is the only thing martin (the creator of commMG) has asked for so far.

It is strange that it didn't work in Vista x64 en_us, since i have used it myself. I haven't used x64 in a while (mainly due to cisco vpn not working), so its possible it has stopped working(but it works in x32 since that is what i use...so i doubt it). I wonder if commMG has problems with certain GPS devices.
For a question on Vista x64 en_us i told you that was my Vista x64 Ultimate (ita) with addon english_us.

Your script work on Vista x64 ita and Windows 7 x64 en, the script reveal the correct port of GPS.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

do either of you have access to a usb gps (non bluetooth) that you could test with. It may be a coincidence, but you both have a bluetooth gps
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

well, that shoots down that theory.
hijinks

Post by hijinks »

I still can not get my gps to work. I have a delorme usb gps and use their comp port emulator. Visual gps works with the emulator but vistumbler. commMG gives error opening com port and netcomm says Seconds since GPS.
Oval

Post by Oval »

hijinks wrote:I still can not get my gps to work. I have a delorme usb gps and use their comp port emulator. Visual gps works with the emulator but vistumbler. commMG gives error opening com port and netcomm says Seconds since GPS.
I have a Delorme LT-20. Using the Delorme serial emulator didn't help until I realized it may need administrator rights. The "Run as administrator" option was greyed out and couldn't be selected, so I went to the user accounts screen in Vista and turned "User account control" off. After a restart and setting the ports it worked, I then turned "User account control" back on and restarted and it still worked. :?

Maybe that will help, it worked for me...
paullubbock

Post by paullubbock »

I was trying to post a response earlier but the forums seemed to die but I could not get GPS to work either, Vista 64bit Ultimate even though it runs for other applications with no problems and list ports shows the correct ports detected.

Since then I figured out how to get Netcomm OCX to work with Vista64. CommMG simply does not work in VIsta64. Anyone interested?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

For all those who are having problems with x64 it looks like paullubbock was able to get netcomm working in his x64. His post on that is here (http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewt ... &t=18#p663)

paul, thanks for that information