Vista32, Dutch, Windows Network pop-up

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
bogy

Vista32, Dutch, Windows Network pop-up

Post by bogy »

Hey,

I've been looking for a good tool to ckeck out local networks, and so i found out about vistumbler.

The installation went fine, but i seem to have a very annoying problem:
Windows seems to display the 'wireless networks' window whenever vistumbler scans for networks.

This is very annoying, because whenever i put vistumbler in the background (let's say because i want to read this forum), these pop-up windows keep on coming like once every second, and they appear on top of my screen...

I've got a dutch vista32 premium, and vistumbler is just in plain english.

When i manually use the Netsh command to show the networks i don't get this annoying popup..
It's exactly the same screen as if you go to Networking Centre and select 'select wireless network'

please help me ....
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Vista32, Dutch, Windows Network pop-up

Post by ACalcutt »

The window popping up is because of the network refresher. (Options --> Auto Refresh Networks). This uses window automation to click the refresh button on the 'wireless networks' window at a set interval (in the settings)

one solution is to just turn it off in the options menu. this does not really fix it, but stops the window from popping up.

Have you changed to the dutch language pack yet? (Settings --> Set Language). The reason this window would keep popping to the from is because the window text i use in window automation changes between languages. If you are using the dutch language pack and it is still popping to the front, then the text is probably wrong in the language pack