GPS Buffer

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
teemu6209

GPS Buffer

Post by teemu6209 »

When i go to get the GPS, it says that the buffer has been empty for more than 10 seconds, and that the GPS has been disconnected.

Has anyone else had this problem? I have NetComm installed. Thanks in advance
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: GPS Buffer

Post by ACalcutt »

Have you tried using CommMG instead of netcomm? does that work?

what language is your version of vista?
what gps are you using?
wolfieboi

Post by wolfieboi »

Hi i have the same problem too. When i use CommMG it says "error opening GPS port"
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

It sounds to me like there is a setting wrong (like baud, parity, etc). the gps buffer error when using netcomm just means vistumbler was unable to get any data from the gps. When using netcomm I use this (buffer being empty for 10 seconds) as a indication that the gps has been unplugged. With commMG if it is getting a "error opening GPS port" then i would assume incorrect settings, but it could just be a commMG issue with your version of vista (I have only tested in en_US version of vista myself)

what language is you version of windows?
what gps are you using?

another idea that may get you up and running is to use a program like xport (http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewt ... f=31&t=157). use xport to connect to your gps and the connect vistumbler to the virtual com port. I know this is kind of a bad way arround but i'm guessing it would work