Vistumbler Crashes with Error Message

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
wifiMike

Vistumbler Crashes with Error Message

Post by wifiMike »

Hi, I installed Vistumbler, ran it one time and it worked great. The next time I tried to run it, it crashed with the following error message: "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have appropriate permissions to access the item."

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. I then uninstalled, deleted the remaining folder from the program files directory and reinstalled. I am still getting the same error every time I try to run Vistumbler. It's before the GUI even starts to load. I click the Vistumbler icon and then immediately the message pops up and the only option is "Ok". When I click ok, Vistumbler aborts.

I am using a Sony VAIO with the following: LAN-Express AS IEEE 802.11g PCI-E Adapter.

I haven't seen anyone else with this error. Are there any troubleshooting steps I could try?
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Vistumbler Crashes with Error Message

Post by ACalcutt »

what version of vistumbler are you using
BobWx

Post by BobWx »

Seems to me that is the same error message I got after my antivirus tagged vistumbler as a virus. You might try temporarily disabling your antivirus and see if that is the problem.
wifiMike

Post by wifiMike »

Thanks for the help. That was it. I disabled "resident shield" in AVG and it works again! I'm using Vistumbler 8.1. Great program, Andrew!