please help me!!! i have no idea

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
atallpa

please help me!!! i have no idea

Post by atallpa »

Sorry mates, i dont know how to use it i just know to find the signals and connections.

I want to know the passwords of the connections, to connect myself.

how i have to do!!? of course i have windows vista.

maybe i need a step by step tutorial.

thanks a lot.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: please help me!!! i have no idea

Post by ACalcutt »

Vistumbler is used to find wireless networks. It does not include any way to get a password from an encrypted access point. If you are interested, you may want to look up/find a tutorial for BackTrack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BackTrack). I personally have no experience in cracking passwords (nor do i really want to discuss the topic on my forum)
Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Post by Freebe »

Hello First to all ( Have just joined ) the Forum.
@ACalcutt
I have the following problem ( maybe ) you can help me.
I have been using your Ver. 8.1 for some time now and get on great with it.
System is
Toshiba Satellite 300D Laptop
Vista ( Home )
Builtin Wlan under Realtek Driver. ( All OK. )

So now i decided to update to your 9.0 Beta1 Ver. ( Problems )
All went well till i started my USB Wlan ( switced off onboard Wlan ) and i now got my log to the network.
Here is where it now gives me Problems. I get the Window Popup ( Wlan ) and can't get rid of it .
Press red X and down it goes, 10sec later its their again, and so on.
This did not happen with the Ver. 8.0
So maybe you can help me on this one.

PS . will give you more info on what i am using later when this problem is out of the way .
Regards Freebe.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

What you are seeing is the network refresher. It automates clicking the refresh button on the "Connect to" window. It will give you more accurate results.

If you don't want to use it just uncheck the option in the settings menu (Settings --> Auto Refresh Networks). If that option is on it will bring up the connect to windows and use window automation to click refresh. If the window is closed it will be re-opened unless you stop scanning or turn off the option
Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Post by Freebe »

@ACalcutt

Yes i understand that what you said, but as i like to leave the scan on can it not be made so as it only pops-up when a new network is found ?

OK. i said i would give you some more info after you had given me feedback ( Thanks )
I am using a Omni Stick ( well 3 as it is ) one @ 400mm, one @ 620mm, and one at 1220mm.
I am also using the Alfa AWUS036H 500mw USB+RPSMA and the Alfa AWUS036EH 300mw USB+RPSMA, both of these are very nice :D
I would like to send you some Photo(s) but don't know if the Forum supports this.

Regards Freebe.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Hmm, the network refresher can't really be set to come up only when a network is found because it also helps find networks faster. Right now it is set up on a timer (by default it is set to refresh every 4 seconds unless it was changed in the settings)

What is the problem you are having with this window open? it should stay behind whatever your active window is (usually vistumbler). Is it not doing that for you? On my computer the window will pop to the front quickly twice, but then after that I do not see it unless I go to that window.

Could you post a screenshot just so I can make sure this is what you are seeing?

(btw...sorry for all the typos in the first message, I was running late for work when I wrote it...they should be fixed now)

If you have pictures you want to post you can do that in these forums (see: http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewt ... &t=90#p351 on how). If you are going to post pictures of your setup I recommend posting to the new DIY section (http://forum.techidiots.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=35) :-) so it can be found easier
Freebe
DIY Contributor
DIY Contributor

Post by Freebe »

@ACallcutt

Yes this is exactly what is happening ( windows Popup ) stays in front of the Vistumbler window. Evan if i try to close it it still pops-up ( infront )
Will post you a pic if you need it but i think you have it whats happening.
And yes i will send you my pics but in the DIY like you said.
Maybe they will intress someone here on the Forum. But atpresent i am underway so i can't get into my second PC to get the pic(s) will send in the next few days.
By the way i read most of what the people say but don't post so much,till next . This Forum is great and the programm Vistumbler is also great.
Sorry if some of the things i write are a bit strange in there wording but i have been to long in Germany and forgotten my English. :oops:

Freebe