Need help sorting AP's.

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
TerjeGjose

Need help sorting AP's.

Post by TerjeGjose »

Hi there.

I'm currently working on a school project, where a part of our project revolves around determining what kind of security people are using on their wireless devices.

I must say I love the program, and the information that comes with it. Especially the # part which counts the AP's for you.

However, I'm missing a feature where I can mark several AP's (Open networks for instance) to see how many AP's are using that said Authentication that I would like to highlight.

I did a run today where I got in over 4000 AP's and I would like to use the results I got in my project as statistics.

Are there any way to add filters and, say, just show AP's that have the Authentication of "Open" or "WEP" etc?

That would make it a lot easier for me to use the data that I've collected so far.

Thanks for a great tool!
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Need help sorting AP's.

Post by ACalcutt »

Vistumbler has basic filter capabilities. The filter settings are location under View --> Filters . To add a new filter go View --> Filters --> Add/Remove Filters. Once you add a filter it will show in the filters menu for you to select (View --> Filters)

To filter Open APs you can add a filter that has
Authentication: Open
Encryption: None

To filter WEP you can add a filter that has
Encryption: WEP

To filter to WEP and OPEN you can add a filter that has
Authentication: Open

To filter to everyting but OPEN you can add a filter that has
Authentication: <>Open

Keep in mind, adding and removing things from this list is slow, so if you have 4000 results it may take a few minutes to remove all the nonmatching items.
TerjeGjose

Post by TerjeGjose »

Thank you for your reply.

I found some posts on this forum regarding a somewhat similar issue, but I think I may have misunderstood it, or there might have been some information missing.

In the filter menu, does all the other options need to have the asterix, and the authentication method I want to filter out be the only one with text?

Anyways, I did do this manually earlier, so I got my results already, but I might give it another go just to see if my numbers add up to the programs ;)
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

yes, all the other options should be kept an asterisk