Problem finding AP's with Yagi Antenna

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
rob781

Problem finding AP's with Yagi Antenna

Post by rob781 »

I don't see this question posted.. I have a 25 dbi yagi antenna and I'm trying to get a pinpoint the SSID's.. I'm having problems with the sample rate being to slow. I can't find out how to make it faster so I can sweep with my yagi antenna.. Also I don't know how to keep it scanning.. when ever it looses signal the graph just stop moving.. I'm trying to find out how to keep it scanning even when it doesn't see the AP.. the graph should keep moving over but it just stop and is very aggravating when you moved 30 deg and you have to resweep all over again because your graph is not moving at all.. making your analysis useless
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Problem finding AP's with Yagi Antenna

Post by ACalcutt »

There are a few settings that may help you, but I usually don't recommend going under the default 1s minimum per loop.

[Settings --> Vistumbler Settings]
Refresh loop time <-- how often vistumbler *tries* to refresh information. deafult 1000ms(1 second)
Auto Refresh Networks <-- how often vistumber forces a rescan of the wireless networks. Default 1 second
Time to wait before marking an AP as dead <-- how long after a AP is detected that vistumbler marks it as dead

For the graph question... it does stop moving when there is no new data...as soon as there is something it would fill in the gaps (as long as (View --> Graph --> Graph Dead Time) is checked). Right now there is no option to continue graphing when the access point is dead, but I can look into adding an option.