Using Vistumbler with gps by android smartphone

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
blibso

Using Vistumbler with gps by android smartphone

Post by blibso »

Hello everybody,

I'd like to use my Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro as a gps mouse for my notebook to send the gps data via bluetooth to vistumbler. I've installend BlueNMEA on my phone and got it working. Also vistumbler finds all close by wifis, but i can't get it to show in in google earth. I assume that this is caused by the GPS settings in vistumbler. I tried Kernel32 as well as the NetComm setting (after i've installed the suitable registrations) but either way I get no gps data. Maybe it's because of the wrong baudrate / stop-bits / etc. settings, but unfortunately i don't know the settings the smartphone uses, if this is the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

blibso
Darison

Re: Using Vistumbler with gps by android smartphone

Post by Darison »

Are you using Vistumbler for smarthphone or a regular version?
blibso

Post by blibso »

Oh sorry, i forgot to mention: I'm using Vistumbler v10.2 on Windows 7 Professional...
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

Have you looked at the instructions on using bluenema here ( viewtopic.php?f=34&t=520 )

You should have a com port on your notebook that is set up in the bluetooth options. This com port is what you use with vistumbler gps settings. I usually use Kernel32 with my en_US version of windows 7(some people using other languages have reported it doesn't work). The rest of the settings should be the defaults (see my screenshot)
Attachments
gps_settings.png
gps_settings.png (19.97 KiB) Viewed 10163 times
jeff1909

Post by jeff1909 »

blibso wrote:Hello everybody,

I'd like to use my Sony Ericsson xperia mini pro as a gps mouse for my notebook to send the gps data via bluetooth to vistumbler. I've installend BlueNMEA on my phone and got it working. Also vistumbler finds all close by wifis, but i can't get it to show in in google earth. I assume that this is caused by the GPS settings in vistumbler. I tried Kernel32 as well as the NetComm setting (after i've installed the suitable registrations) but either way I get no gps data. Maybe it's because of the wrong baudrate / stop-bits / etc. settings, but unfortunately i don't know the settings the smartphone uses, if this is the problem.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

blibso
Did you end up getting this problem solved? I am in the same boat and having issues as well with my voip system. With my Small Business Voip system was easier to set up.

Let me know.

Thanks
Jeff
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Hi Jeff,

In addition to the gps settings mentioned above, if you are using kernel32 for gps, the default, make sure the gps is on a com port 8 or below. If your com port is higher either switch to CommMG or make sure the com port is 8 or below(if you need any help doing this let me know)
jagopete

Post by jagopete »

ACalcutt wrote:Hi Jeff,

In addition to the gps settings mentioned above, if you are using kernel32 for gps, the default, make sure the gps is on a com port 8 or below. If your com port is higher either switch to CommMG or make sure the com port is 8 or below(if you need any help doing this let me know)
______
Ahaaaa... That solved my problem. My GPS was set to 10.
Thank you so much for helping me and my glitch-

Pete