Column mismatch in v10.11

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
wal20

Column mismatch in v10.11

Post by wal20 »

The column headings don't match the data. I saw no other forum topics discussing this issue. Am I the only one with this problem? What could I have done and what can I do to correct it? See attached screenshot. Vistumbler v10.11 on Vista SP2.
Attachments
Screen capture of Vistumbler v10.11
Screen capture of Vistumbler v10.11
Capture.PNG (24.73 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Column mismatch in v10.11

Post by ACalcutt »

I checked and I am not having that issue with v10.11. From what it looks like I think your settings may have gotten messed up somehow, likely when I added the "High Signal" column.

----this info should work but did't... see edits---
The easiest way to fix this would be to delete your "vistumbler_settings.ini" file (usually this is located in "C:\Program Files\Vistumbler\Settings\"). Vistumbler will recreate the settings file with defaults on the next load.

If you have settings you want to keep and don't want to delete the settings file you should also be able to go into the 'vistumbler_settings.ini" file (with vistumbler closed) and delete the "[Columns]" section. Vistumbler will recreate that section when it loads

----end this info should work but did't... see edits---

EDIT: It looks like there may be an issue with what i said above. It should have worked, but there seems to be an issue with the defaults. I will look into this and let you know.

EDIT 2: Until this issue is fixed you can use the default "vistumbler_settings.ini" from the SVN (Just overwrite your current settings file) and it should fix your issue. The settings file that works can be downloaded here ( http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... vision=805 )
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

After looking into this more I realized I actually already fixed this in 10.2 Beta. If you have beta updates enabled you should the update when you load vistumbler. You can also download the updated v10.2 Vistumbler.exe from ( http://vistumbler.svn.sourceforge.net/v ... vision=813 )

I will will probably release 10.2 as a stable update soon
wal20

Post by wal20 »

I downloaded v10.2. It started up and showed some Aps. Columns looked good. I shuffled them around. Restarted Vistumbler and they were as I left them.

I was checking some settings and got an error:

AutoIt Error
Line 23581 (File "C:\... \Vistumbler.exe):
Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable.

The error went away when I removed all traces of previous installations of Vistumbler but I thought you might want to know. Old ini files may have been part of my original problem as well.

Also, once only, my antivirus popped up when I started Vistumbler, with the following:

Web content virus scan
Address: svn.vistumbler. net
Virus: Trojan.Generic.6992979 (Engine A)

Probably a false alarm ?

But my problem is solved. Thank you.