Vistumbler doesn't export open networks

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
nicari

Vistumbler doesn't export open networks

Post by nicari »

When I export a file such as KML Vistumbler does'nt export open networks, but only WEP and secure networks..I checked the exporting options and if I select only open network i got a file KML with only track. Why?
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Vistumbler doesn't export open networks

Post by ACalcutt »

Are you using (File --> Export --> Export to VS1 --> All APs) ?

The only reason it shouldn't export all APs is if you have a filter set (View --> Filters) and you are exporting only exporting filtered APs (File --> Export --> Export to VS1 --> Filtered APs)
nicari

Post by nicari »

Yes, I'm exporting all APs :/
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Are you using a non EN_US Version of Vistumbler? If so you may want the check if your Search Word for "Open" and "None" are correct. (Settings --> Set Netsh Search Words). If they are incorrect it may end up listing them as Secure in the kml file.

If that doesn't work are you using v10.11?
Can you post a VS1 export that should have included Open APs?
nicari

Post by nicari »

Yes, I'm using Vistumbler in Italian, but I tried to change the Netsh words but nothing changes.
I've found out (reading the KML code) that Vistumbler exports the Open Network in the KML file but puts them under the folder "Secure Access Points" and sets them as "<styleUrl>#secureStyle</styleUrl>" instead of "<styleUrl>#openStyle</styleUrl>". Why??? If I change #secureStyle to #openStyle and I open the KML file Google Earth shows the Network with the green icon and I can move it to another folder called "Open Network" that I can create, but I can't do this for thousands of networks!! :?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

It sounds like the searchword thing I mentioned in the last post. If you are using a language pack it should fix that, otherwise you have to manually fix the searchwords (Settings --> Set Netsh Search Words)