Unable to import wardrive-android (.db3) database

Having a problem? Ask for help here.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Unable to import wardrive-android (.db3) database

Post by ACalcutt »

Can you post the warddrive 4.0 db3 file. The latest version of wardrive-android I can get on my droid 3 is v3.12.
i_like_penguins

Post by i_like_penguins »

Wardirve 4.1 files don't import either. Do you still need a file to test with?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Yes, if you could post a file I will get it fixed.
i_like_penguins

Here you go. Tried sending a PM, but It does not look like I can add attachments to it. Can you delete the attachment from my post after you download it?

EDIT:Deleted File -AC
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

There seems to be something wrong with the db3 file you posted. If I open it with a text editor I can see data, but if I try to open it with an sqlite editor it doesn't show anything. If I try to open it in Vistumbler I am getting I am getting "file is encrypted or is not a database" (Since I can see the data I with a text editor I assume its not encrypted)

Phil was able to download warddrive 4.1 and get me another test file. The file he gave me worked fine.

Have you already tried deleting the wardrive.db3 file from your phone and letting wardrive recreate it?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I think I may have found a fix. Can you try this for me?

1.)Download the updated sqlite dll from here ( http://www.sqlite.org/sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071100.zip )
2.)Copy sqlite.dll into the vistumbler folder, overwriting the existing file (The vistumbler folder is "c:\program files\vistumbler" by default)

Once doing that see if it imports your file. I think it should now work (at least it did when i tested it)
i_like_penguins

That looks like it did the trick. What was the problem? I was unable to open that wardrive.db3 file in any sqlite browser. Same error, file is encrypted or is not a database. My whole goal in doing this was to be able to dump the contents out of that file and into something else to do stuff to the data.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I'm not exactly sure what the issue was, since it seems to have been with sqlite. My guess is the db3 file was created with a newer version of sqlite than I was using. Updating the dll seems to have fixed it. I'm guessing either the new dll had a bugfix or some type of change that wasn't in the old release.

As for the sqlite readers I'm guessing they will have to do the same thing (updated their sqlite libraries) before they will work with that file.

I'm still not sure why the file Phil gave me from wardrive 4.1 worked fine, but it was much smaller (only 10 APs)