WDB Uploader issues

Talk about random things WiFiDB related, either new things, concepts, or issues to work out in code.
arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

WDB Uploader issues

Post by arizonajon »

Hi Andrew -

I'm using WDB Uploader v1.2.1. I went out to the truck, copied all the log files from the truck pc, put it in a directory called "Vistumbler", and brought the thumb drive back to the home PC to upload all that to the site.

While the folder includes files previously uploaded, there's hundreds of new ones as well. However, when I run WDB Uploader it thinks about things for a while, then shows the countdown to close box and ends up not doing anything.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Cheers - Jon N7UV
arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

Re: WDB Uploader issues

Post by arizonajon »

Wow, in fact, it appears that I haven't successfully uploaded a file since March.

Cheers - Jon N7UV
arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arizonajon »

Ahh, never mind. I re-read another thread about changes to WDB Uploader and continued my comments in that thread...
arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arizonajon »

I think I broke the website...
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

Sorry, it was me. I got in a 10G mikrotik switch and have been trying to re-organize my vlans to segregate my web servers. However I think the used 10G switch i got is bad because it seems to cause a packet storm when plugged in to the network. I have the smaller version of it and it works great, but i can't for the life of me get this one working.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

Turns out your huge import did bring up an issue. I put the NVME drives in the pcie slot next to the CPU with a hot 10G nic on the other side. It was working great untill it started to import all your files using constant 70-90% cpu on the sql server. Looks like it got so hot it caused the NVME drives to drop out.

I ended up re-arranging the cards so the nvme should gets some airflow, so I hope that helps. I'm out of pcie slots so i can't really put it somewhere else
arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by arizonajon »

Good morning Andrew -
I've now become current on my imports - only took 2000+ to get there. Sorry for the impact on your new setup, but it appears you might have discovered something that could have been a problem later on down the road.
I may go on a longer drive later this month or sometime in October. I'll attempt to take a path I haven't tried yet, so I can collect some new APs for the db.
Cheers - Jon N7UV
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

You definitely know how to stress test a server Jon :lol: