inSSIDer now exports .VS1

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

inSSIDer now exports .VS1

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Yes, I admit it, I do like using inSSIDer now and then. I still occasionaly check thier site for updates and hoping they would free release some older version of thier Channelizer software. Seems the only tool I am lacking in my WiFi inventory is a WiFi spectral anylizer. Channelizer is the only devent one i could find but good gods! They charge awful high! And i chuckle inwardly with the knowledge that the USB adapters they use are Realtek/alpha 300mW models LOL!

To the point,InSSIDer Version 1.2.3.1014 - Released October 14, 2009, now supports .VS1 files. and exports .KML! Bastards! LOL.

http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider

I think they are on to us ;)

There is now competition afoot!
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: inSSIDer now exports .VS1

Post by ACalcutt »

I don't see any VS1 support... where do you see that?
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Dang it, I saw it today while waiting in the hospital whil wife was having an endoscopy. I know I saw tht it exports to netstumbler file format.. that is a vs1 file right?
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

it exports to NS1, which is a netstumbler format

It may or may not be compatible with vistumbler depending on what kind of NS1 the are making (binary or text). Only text NS1s are compatible with vistumbler
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Aoh, me and my mental single bit errors! NS1 is what I meant! ha ha ha , that is what I get for drowsey browsing LOL