Yardhaunt pics

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Yardhaunt pics

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

A few pics of my haunt "the Haunting at Bell Place" Will post more as I shoot more.
Of course, all of this looks much more intemidating at night.
I am using the Monitor atop the shelves is where I play Rob Zombie videos and other such creepifying stuff.

I have had Specter for 4 seasons now. He was really simple to assemble. His head is a plastic skull from my first fog machine and the robe is from my old Scream costume. I Plan to eventally give him a frame and such to make him free standing. Maybey next year he will hang over the side of the haunt in a very sinister manner?

The structure of my haunt is rather simple. 2x2 frames sheathed in Oriented Strand Board (OSB). I knew I needed something sturdy, yet light and modular. I have seen some haunts online that used plastic sheets, but they just seeemed really 'cheap' to me. Tip, one gallon of paint will cover 9 4x8 sheets of OSB/Plywood. I had the local Lowes mix me up a gallon of flat black exterior latex. was a Hair over $6 USD. Spraypaint is useful for smaller things, but even at 69 cents a can, is still to expensive for larger projects.

Lessons I have learned.. Black spraypaint used on cardboard turns grey, not black.
Lumber is expensive. Deck screws are wonderfull! Roofing nails don't hold worth a crap.
Flat black paint is your friend. Colored compact florescent bulbs are GREAT!!!
Wiring is a pain.
Homemade sound tracks are ALWAYS better than storebought. If you know how.

Will send more pics as time goes on

---Mystic
Attachments
Specter and "friend"
Specter and "friend"
IMG_0009.JPG (190.21 KiB) Viewed 9536 times
This is Specter
This is Specter
IMG_0008.JPG (204 KiB) Viewed 9536 times
What lurks in the dark corners??
What lurks in the dark corners??
IMG_0010.JPG (236.17 KiB) Viewed 9536 times
Behind this shelf is my control center.
Behind this shelf is my control center.
IMG_0011.JPG (312.36 KiB) Viewed 9536 times
The portal.  Theme is "It's Only a Dream"
The portal. Theme is "It's Only a Dream"
IMG_0014.JPG (222.14 KiB) Viewed 9536 times
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Yardhaunt pics

Post by pferland »

From what I could see it looked nice, but it was a little hard to see the pictures with having to scroll around them, maybe i should have saved them to my hard drive and then viewed them in a picture viewer, but thats too much work. speaking of which, damn company making me work on Columbus day *waves fist*
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

LOL at fist. Yeah, I was being lazy with the pics abd didbt want to go therough the hassle of U/L to an image server first. I have re arranged since then.. moved a couple items abpout and all that.

Could be worse, working a holiday. Last job I had only let us off for christmas and the 4th of july. How's that for being Grinch??
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
baja

Post by baja »

spooky pics...nice though