In the 'prime'

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

In the 'prime'

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Several scientists were asked to prove that all odd integers higher than 2 are prime.

Mathematician: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, and by induction - every odd integer higher than 2 is a prime.
Physicist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is an experimental error, 11 is a prime. Just to be sure, try several randomly chosen numbers: 17 is a prime, 23 is a prime...
Engineer: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is an approximation to a prime, 11 is a prime,...
Programmer (reading the output on the screen): 3 is a prime, 3 is a prime, 3 a is prime, 3 is a prime....
Biologist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 -- results have not arrived yet,...
Psychologist: 3 is a prime, 5 is a prime, 7 is a prime, 9 is a prime but tries to suppress it,...
Chemist (or Dan Quayle): What's a prime?
Politician: "Some numbers are prime.. but the goal is to create a kinder, gentler society where all numbers are prime... "
Programmer: "Wait a minute, I think I have an algorithm from Knuth on finding prime numbers... just a little bit longer, I've found the last bug... no, that's not it... ya know, I think there may be a compiler bug here - oh, did you want IEEE-998.0334 rounding or not? - was that in the spec? - hold on, I've almost got it - I was up all night working on this program, ya know... now if management would just get me that new workstation that just came out, I'd be done by now... etc., etc. ..."

(Two is the oddest prime of all, because it's the only one that's even!)
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: In the 'prime'

Post by ACalcutt »

Ok! I got it! the Answer is..."Low battery"!
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

*watches the tumbleweed go by*
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

geeze you would think a nuke has gone off in the forums or something.. :roll:
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Hard to go driving when wife rolls eyes every time it is mentioned LOL
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Yeah I noticed tht too... apparantly there are only four actively posting memebers, you and Andrew and myself and Freebe
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

and if ny of us happen to have a few days of other than posting to do at home, the forums go blANk
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

ya....thay have always been that way...you just raised our expectations by posting so much the last few months ;-)
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Awwww.... Thanks! i think . ;) I'll try to keep posting as can.. is halloween season and I have been spending alot of time getting my first ever yard haunt together. One addiction at a time LOl
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

cool...we would love to see some pics when your done :-)
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

they are on any one of a dozen SDcards... lol....