export.exe

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
DeluxeWarPlaya

export.exe

Post by DeluxeWarPlaya »

Hi Andrew,
If a running scan is left open, vistumbler will constantly call export.exe to autosave to %userprofile%\Documents\Vistumbler. Windows 10 catches this behaviour and prevents export.exe from saving in that directory.
If you set the auto save to 0, it will continue to auto save approx every 30 seconds. If you set the autosave to 99999999, it spits out an error and crashes.
The correct behaviour should be that the software doesn't call export.exe when a running scan is left open.

Just a bug I thought I'd let you know about.
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: export.exe

Post by ACalcutt »

Looking at the code it doesn't look like export.exe gets called by the "Auto Save and Clear" feature. That one uses the internal vs1 export function

One use of export.exe is the "Auto Recovery VS1" feature, which by default should happen every 5 minutes. This feature is from the days where vistumbler was much less stable and before mdb recovery, so it could probably be disabled without much issue in the Options menu or settings

The other feature that uses export.exe is "AutoKML", which does look like it has a 30 second default (the dead kml file gets updated every 30 seconds I think)

My guess is, this is related to AutoKML. Do you see the export.exe get run if you turn off "AutoKML" in the Options menu. If you adjust the times in Settings -> AutoKML do you see a difference?

EDIT:

Just searching the code for "export.exe" ( https://github.com/acalcutt/Vistumbler/ ... umbler.au3 ) you can see its not used much. "Auto WifiDB Upload Active APs " in the wifidb menu also looks like it uses it.
DeluxeWarPlaya

Re: export.exe

Post by DeluxeWarPlaya »

ACalcutt wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:51 am One use of export.exe is the "Auto Recovery VS1" feature, which by default should happen every 5 minutes. This feature is from the days where vistumbler was much less stable and before mdb recovery, so it could probably be disabled without much issue in the Options menu or settings
This was it. Thanks