Sourceforge

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Sourceforge

Post by ACalcutt »

I don't know whats up with sourceforge today. I can't even download vistumbler from them, it gives a mirror not found error.

I went to post about it on their forum, but the forum css in messed up in squishes everything into a 3 inch wide rectangle.

I know this is a free service....but damn...I hope the fix the site and leave it alone this time
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Re: Sourceforge

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

LOL .. expectring an organization to leave a perrfectly acceptable process alone is contrary to the section of thier mission statment that says, ". . . Through continuous improvement."
Probably some young admin trying to earn kudos by concinving thier superior that hiring them was a glorious idea! LOL.. They will learn it is not, can the new admin and roll the settings back to way it was before.
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

that's the one thing that has always pissed me off about Sourceforge, they could never keep their grimy little fingers off the site and leave it be for at least a day
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Well, that is the current business model that is , unfortunately, all too common.
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"