has there been

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

has there been

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

any reported issues of 'flooding' through IE when using these forums? or is this why stumbler is best run disconnected from the web?
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: has there been

Post by ACalcutt »

no flooding as far as I am aware (though I am not completely sure what you mean by this....I am guessing you mean getting enough hits to crash the server)

my main problem has been my internet connection... my modem going offline randomly and not going back online until I reset the modem. Like today ~4:00 est it went off and was out untill i got home from work and reset it. charter (my isp) is basically useless in fixing anything, so the problem persists. My guess is there are still many line issues caused by the big ice storm we had (http://picasaweb.google.com/TechIdiots/IceStorm#) since i have replaced the modem and the signal stength is good according to the modem

Since i run my own website, the modems going offline do not help with my uptime ;-). My ESX server (which host my websites) hasn't been shutdown or had any problems since I upgraded to vsphere 4 and finally resolved a video streaming issue I was having with esx 3.5(which has been almost a month now)
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

and the reason being disconnected from all access points when scanning is because netsh (which vistumbler users to get its data) gives better signal readings when you are disconnected. (especially for results on the acess point you are connected to)
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Ahh.. understood.. I menat flooding by means of several DOZEN Internet Explorer windows attempting to open at once... Often seen this back in my yahoo chat days but is odd to see otherwise... no worries.. I think I will be able to gather more infor the more often it happens...

I'm on it ;)
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

nope, never seen anything like that happen
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Hmmm.. curious... will keep an eye on it from my end