Importneed some H?

Talk about anything that doesn't fit anywhere else
It is currently

Importneed some H?

Post by It is currently »

Hey
Why does the import need so hours?
Thats sucks so much. :(
The export to Google Earth need a llonngg time to.
THX!
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Importneed some H?

Post by ACalcutt »

Are you leaving vistumbler running for a long time? An access point that has a lot of signal history takes longer to export.

For example, are you leaving vistumbler running overnight? if you stop somewhere for a few hours to you keep vistumbler running? These things build up signal history for each visible access point and gps data every second you are scanning. when you do a detailed export (VS1 or detailed CSV) it takes a while to export access points with a lot of signal history. It can also take a long time to import a lot of signal history.

Export to google earth will export all signal history if you have export the "Signal Map", so its possible this is what is slowing your kml export (if you have a lot of signal history)

Recommendations.
- Stop scanning and gps when you plan to be stopped for more than 30 minutes
- For good performance I recommend a list size maximum of about 1000 APs. Above 2000 APs isn't recommended.
- use the new auto-save features to keep your exports small (settings --> save settings --> auto save and clear).
- keep in mind vistumbler is written in Autoit, a simple scripting language mainly used for automation. Autoit is very extendable but its not always the fastest.
It is currently

Importneed some H?

Post by It is currently »

hmm on an wardriving trip i collect (hopefully) a lot of Hotspots.

How can i export open Hotspots like from Freewave or other Companys?
Are you leaving vistumbler running for a long time?
no i try it on public transport :D for ~1h.
For example, are you leaving vistumbler running overnight?
to get people who run a Hotspot in the Car? :lol:
Export to google earth will export all signal history if you have export the "Signal Map", so its possible this is what is slowing your kml export (if you have a lot of signal history)
yes i keep running and it works. Maybe you can extend the visuals for out and input.
- For good performance I recommend a list size maximum of about 1000 APs. Above 2000 APs isn't recommended.
1h on Public Transport and i got a lot of APs +1000. :shock:
ACalcutt

Importneed some H?

Post by ACalcutt »

1h on Public Transport and i got a lot of APs +1000.
I had an idea for what may cause your long exports. do you see any access points that are active for your whole 1hr trip? If you do these access points may have a lot of signal history and take a while to export.

you could look at filtering (View --> Filters) to take out some access points you arn't interested in. For example, I may not want my phone hotspot ssid to show in my export since it is following me it would end up with a lot of signal history. I can add a ssid filter that says SSID "<>hotspotname" and it will show all access points but the one I filtered out. I can also export a vs1 or kml that is filtered.