Watching the viral ssid

A place to talk about wardriving
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Watching the viral ssid

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

RE: "I think I sniffed an airliner" post. I had the opportunity to make a run from downtown lexington KY along the US25/421 East main/Richmond Road corridor to Man O War Blvd. After sorting through the KML data, I noticed that there are now TWO devices transmitting the "US AirwaysFree Wifi". Both showing different MAC's and both in adhoc mode. Here is screen cap of both the two new AP's and the original IP. The two new ones where picked up with my 16dBi Omnidirectional. The original was with my 16 dBi VAGI directional angled 30 degrees to the right of travel (eastbound).

I am wondering if this ssid is inded going viral or not. I plan on keeping an eye the area to see what develops.
sorry about the blank area.. was tired failed to crop
sorry about the blank area.. was tired failed to crop
viral ssid2.jpg (64.93 KiB) Viewed 9387 times
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Watching the viral ssid

Post by ACalcutt »

People: Free Internet :-D! ....aww...its not connecting :-(

and so it spreads ...
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

syeah can be a problem LOL... Nice that some people ( yours truely) actually don't mind sharing... I don't get charged by bandwidth. There is anotherone here in my town "Free Wifi .. Thanks Gillian" that I might keep an eye on as well...
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I may do a loop with my directional in that abandoned mall parkinglot.. a nice slow one... see if I can find more like that.