I think I sniffed an airliner!

A place to talk about wardriving
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

I think I sniffed an airliner!

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Was looking through the KML of last drive and this caught my eye! Image

There are NO Airline offices other than at our local airport 15 miles away on other side of town. That it is an Adhoc network tells me that it has to be an airliner or just maybe a USAir employee adhocing with another computer
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: I think I sniffed an airliner!

Post by ACalcutt »

That is more likely a viral SSID (http://www.airtightnetworks.com/home/re ... -ssid.html)

That is most likely someones laptop broadcasting that SSID since its an ad-hoc network. Basically these SSIDs spread by people connection to another laptops broadcasting that ssid. Since it is ad-hoc, any laptop that connects also starts broadcasting the same ssid(in windows anyway)

It actually looks like we has three other APs with the same SSID in our DB (http://www.vistumbler.net/wifidb/opt/re ... ree%20WiFi)

But along these lines one thing we found interesting when driving to New Jersey was that a lot of the bus lines have wifi. We follded a few of them on our way down
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Dude! Don't be bustin my bubble! LOL
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Good article! Umm ya got a spare token on ya???
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

http://www.vistumbler.net/wifidb/opt/re ... ree%20WiFi

For some reason Andrew had an older version of the results page that didn't like not having a token, the link should work now

-Phil

i also noticed there is quite a gap in an area of the last upload you did, what is that a black hole for WiFi in your town?
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Oh, my mouse had fallen of my seat and inadvertantly clicked the scan ap button when I picked it back up. Didn't notice it for a a couple of blocks and couldn't do anything about it for a few more (driving and all that) untill I could catch a red light.