Can't find one anywhere

A place to talk about wardriving
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Can't find one anywhere

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I have mislaid my handheld GPSr. So I have been searching the Interwebs for a small app that does roughly the same thing.
IE enter a set of corrdinates (Deg or UTM) then give Distance(miles& feet or Meters), bearing and heading with Bearing shown as compass heading. I would code it myself, but I find myself without the skill with Auto IT yet.
Anyone assist?? The GPS Demo program that came with my USB GPS on my laptop is pretty good and works fine for me BUT my wife is not that good at taking coords and turning them into a mental compass

---Mystic
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Can't find one anywhere

Post by pferland »

what no (paper) map of the area to do some plotting in the car?
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

whats this "paper" thing you speak of phil?
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Pay- per? I know not of this thing you call pay-per...?
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I can do a partial work around using Earthbridge and Google Earth, GE is only good down to a certain resolution when not connected to the interwebs. This is not satisfactorywhen one is looking for a clerly placed film caniste. Earthbridge is good for 'here I am' coords but no good at giving a bearing to the desired coords.