My next GPSr

A place to talk about wardriving
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

My next GPSr

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Wife promised to buy me a new reciever and I found this one. I like it very much. Manufacturer price is 60USD bt I found it at Amazon.com for 30USD.
http://www.usglobalsat.com/p-62-bu-353-w.aspx
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Re: My next GPSr

Post by pferland »

Damn looks nice, think I might get that one also, I need a new one, since my last one was stolen :( :x
I like how it has the magnet in it, and a nice long 60" cable.
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Yeah I like all of thsoe features as well... ANd I think I have some more clear vinyl tubing to armor the cable....
I tried repairing my old GPSr but all I ended up doing is burning the soldering pads off of it .. grrrr! :grind: :grind:
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Post by pferland »

yeah small solder points are a pain in the ass, melting before the solder does :twisted:

how well does that tubing work out for ya?
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Oh it works wonderfully! I was not so concerned about crushing as I was about the wiring getting severed by moving doors, windows and such. Since I armored the cable, I have had zero problems with cable damage.

Added bonus, the added thickness and the Electrical tape wrapping makes the cable LOOK tough and impressive!
0xyg3n

Post by 0xyg3n »

I have this gps. Had it for a couple of years now. No issues with it but it can be slow to pick up information inside buildings etc as with any gps like this. However I never have any trouble with it inside my car. Picks everything up in seconds never had to have it outside the car at all.
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

The review is much appreciater, Oxyg3n! Thank you!

--Mystic
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Ordered the new GPSr today! WOOT! be here next week! Yippee!!