Got another query today!

A place to talk about wardriving
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Got another query today!

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Was in the nearby town of Winchester doing the twice monthly chid exchange.
Kidswap went fine and the Wife and I ( yes, I ALWAYS capitalize Wife) realized we were well past 'bingo' on fuel, were flat broke and we decided we needed to go 'low drag' and pop the rig from it's mount when a rather ';hip' fellow in a blue grey camery asked what that 'crazy thing' on my roof was. He seemed smart enough so I kept it simple... "It is a long range WIFI radio and antenna array.".. "Oh Really? what kind of range?" "Well depends but normally anywhere from a qurater to half a mile. If I had a good hill to work from and a matchhing rig on other end, I could probably shoot a solid 1-4 miles."

Big wicked gring crossed the dude's face.. "That is F'ing COOL!" Course I humbly thanked him and then he pulled away.

Noticed stares today = 5

Total for the month = 13

--Mystic
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Re: Got another query today!

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

This time at the local McDonalds! Drivethrouugh cashiers thinking that this was a stromchasing van! .. Well.. okay then! LOL...That is three questions this week!
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

as long as its not from law enforcement ....comments are good :-)
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

well depends on the branch, right? I am hoping to get work through this... Wifi security consulting?
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

ya...I suppose

I guess that should be changed to "as long as there's not *negative* comments from law enforcement then comments are good" ;-)

since this is getting so much attention you need find a way to advertise with it.....like painting your buisness name or number on the pvc or something. That way if you did get any questions you you can just say read the antenna, or maybe you would get more questions on what type of things you do instead of what is that thing on your roof.
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Yeah.. I was thinking a flag LOL