Vivo Tab Note 8 GPS

A place to talk about wardriving
PippoPoppo

Vivo Tab Note 8 GPS

Post by PippoPoppo »

hi,
I have a Asus Vivo Tab Note 8, with integrated gps "Broadcom 4752 GNSS Geolocation Sensor" and windows 8.1
you can use that gps with Vistumbler? If you can ... how?

if you can not ....

The Vivo Tab Note also has a Bluetooth radio device, buying a GPS Bluetooth would be usable with Vistumbler? and if so, what features should it have?

Or what do you recommend?

Thanks

(sorry for "automatic" translation)
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Vivo Tab Note 8 GPS

Post by ACalcutt »

I'm guessing the geolocation sensor you have does not show up as a COM port to your system. It is most likely only available using the Microsoft Location Api, which vistumbler does not yet support.

Looking online the only solution I found to use your internal geolocation sensor was a pay product, Centrafuse Localizer. It may be worth trying their trial since it sounds like it does what you need (it makes a virtual COM port that Vistumbler can connect to that gives NMEA compatible data). I have not tried this software myself, but it seems like it may work.

A bluetooth gps should work as long as can get NMEA data and can create a com port for vistumbler to use. For example, I have old instructions to set up a android program "BlueNMEA" to use my phone's gps with vistumbler over bluetooth(see viewtopic.php?f=34&t=520 )

EDIT 1: If you use Localizer I would change it to use a port below COM8. Vistumbler may not work with the default COM16

EDIT 2: it looks like BlueNMEA no longer works with my new phone. There is a similar app that seems to work, Bluetooth GPS Output