Latest Vistumbler Versions

arizonajon
Contributor
Contributor

Latest Vistumbler Versions

Post by arizonajon »

Good day Andrew -

I see that since I had the issue with the truncated display a week or two ago, you've made two new versions available. The first one brought in the bigger buttons, which is really nice, as well as correcting the text box string size limit. It's the first time I can use my whole finger tip to press on the button to activate/deactivate scanning and GPS; before, I had to use a fingernail or a pen pointer to target the smaller buttons. I appreciate that new feature.

Another update seems to include two new symbols (at least on the experimental GUI, which is the one I always use). They're immediately left of and below the scan button, one shows a signal strength bar and the other appears to be some sort of graph. I haven't dared push them yet, since I don't know what they did %^)

Anyway, keep up the good work, and I will attempt to promise that I won't monopolize the the server with thousands of upload files at a go like the past few weeks.

Cheers - Jon N7UV
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Re: Latest Vistumbler Versions

Post by ACalcutt »

The new features in 10.7 as of beta 11

1.) Re-worked the GUI. Bigger buttons to make touch easier. The small buttons you mentioned are what I replaced the graph buttons with (the graphs can also be accessed through the "View -> Graph" menu now). In minimal gui mode the small graph buttons are disabled since the graph gets hidden in that mode, so they are unclickable.
2.) WigleWifi CSV 1.4 Import/Export support. The new export allows vistumbler data to be uploaded to wigle.net.
3.) Support to treat nmea "GNGGA" sentences as "GPGGA" sentences for wider GPS support
4.) Fixed an issue with Native Wifi scanning that caused some APs to get more than one data point a loop, which really was causing graphing to behave erratically . Because of this, Graphing now works properly... which is something that has long stumped me.
5.) The "Graph dead time" option for the Graphing has been re-worked to work better and made the default.
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

I forgot there is also a new gps logging feature, that will write the raw nmea data to a file. it was made for debugging, but I'm guessing some applications may be able to use that as gps input.
GalmOne

Post by GalmOne »

Oh, thanks, I didn't know about the gps function, I'll see what apps can be compatible with it and will give some feedback.