The Power of Vistumbler & Google Earth

A place to share your drives
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

The Power of Vistumbler & Google Earth

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Here are both the VS1 and KML's of the US 27 corridore between lexington KY and Nicholasville KY.
This is also including a large chunk of Man o War BLVD between Nicholasville Road ( US 27 ) and Richmond Road ( US421 ) that I haven't proccessed yet. I apologize for lack of BSSID and other info.. I was a dolt and was running in XP compatable mode :o

Yellow pushpins represent locations that I am familiar with. AP detection points are named with either DET or Detected in lables. Blue lines are Lines of sight , some have been measured , some have not.

I have not done much with the northern half of the track simply because it is a residential area and as such , the SSID's do not give me any indication of actual location.

Detecred AP's that are not broadcasting an SSID are either traffic signals (802.11b, Cisco radios, ) or 'Box Stores' ((walmart, Lowe's) 802.11b & Symbol technologies)

Also, my radio rig is HIGHLY directional and part of the AP's were collected with the antenna pointed at a 45Deg bearing while others were collected from dead ahead.

the attached Jpeg is of the US 27 / BYP US27 area of Nicholasville KY.
Catnip Hill Bp LOS 001.kml
US 27 south corridor KML
(1010 Bytes) Downloaded 606 times
This data represents about 6 hours and 4 pots of java of solid work... so please be gentle when criticizing, k?
Attachments
AutoSave_2009-07-10 23-35-07-487.VS1
US 27 corridore VS1
(266.85 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
US 27S @ Byp US 27 Nicholasville KY
US 27S @ Byp US 27 Nicholasville KY
KML image 071009 south.jpg (173.71 KiB) Viewed 12690 times
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Re: The Power of Vistumbler & Google Earth

Post by pferland »

The JPEG that you posted looks nice, I downloaded the KML and VS1 files that you posted also, but unfortunately the KML only had one line on it going from the middle of a road to the middle of a large building. The VS1 had no GPS, is this because running in XP compat mode the GPS didnt work?
But the list was impressive with 513 APs, I was going to export it to KML so I could get a better view in Google Earth.
just some curiosity questions.
BTW it is nice to have other people involved, even tho i dont do any dev on Vistumbler itself, im writing the Web-based database for Vistumbler
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

ya....same results here....one line in the kml file and no gps in the vs1
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

well I will try again.... hmmph!! silly compatabilities! worked fine on my end... hmmmmmm.... oh well, this keeps me out of trouble with the Wife LOL
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

I think I knowwhat happnned.. working on new set of results for a different location.. files for the image above are on home comp and seeing as I am not home ...
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
ACalcutt

Post by ACalcutt »

step away from the pot of coffee ;-) I doesn't seem to be helping your results...lol ;-)
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Okay, accumalating and coallating new data files.. dunno what happnned to the original vs1 but I think the KML mistake was just not paying propper attention to task. these things happen LOL.