Central Ky 070109 cumulative 0609

A place to share your drives
mysticvirgo67
Mad Poster / Moderator / Promoter

Central Ky 070109 cumulative 0609

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

Cumulative of several runs from last week of June posted first of July
Yellow pin is and line is best verified distance I have had yet. .28 miles from end to end :!:
KML of 070109
KML of 070109
KML image 070109.jpg (199.56 KiB) Viewed 10373 times
070109.kml
Google places of 070109 (.kml)
(4.46 KiB) Downloaded 688 times
I am still learning the ins and outs of Vistumbler so apologies to oddities in the data
Attachments
2009-06-28 11-59-56.txt
Text version
(4.92 KiB) Downloaded 483 times
Best shot
Best shot
Best verified shot 063009.jpg (207.81 KiB) Viewed 10373 times
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
pferland
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Central Ky 070109 cumulative 0609

Post by pferland »

you should save it as a VS1 file so that all the GPS cords are attached to the signal data.
Txt files dont do that, they only have one GPS per access point.
The best acceleration you can get on a Mac is 9.8ms^2
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

pferland wrote:you should save it as a VS1 file so that all the GPS cords are attached to the signal data.
Txt files dont do that, they only have one GPS per access point.
Apparantly the forum servers are falsing on the VSZ files and I was not able to upload. may try packaging in a zip. Most likely will not work, but worth the shot.

I don't currently recall if I tried VS1 BUT I will try that format again.

Umm well, I have not been able to get GPS attatched to signal data... all I have been getting is signal dat at each GPS point...

I am still playing with 'stumbler and learing all its capabilities so perhaps there is something I am overlooking.

thxmuch--
Mystic
"People don't need restore. They just need recovery...and the occasional hard boot"
"The maximum acceleration of a PC is limited only by the amount of explosives used"
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

YEs it seems that when the program polls GPS, then it attatches radio data to that one point. I think it has to do with the polling rates for both the radio and the GPSr I am running 1 sec poll rate so if I detect more than one signal at that moment, then all the AP's detected in that one second will share the same coordinates.

--mystic
ACalcutt
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin
Vistumbler / TechIdiots Admin

Post by ACalcutt »

The forum should now support VSZ, but the recommended format is still VS1.VS1 files keep all gps points and all the gps/signal history for each access point. TXT files only keep the gps position where the AP had the highest signal.

it seems kind of funny to me to zip a VSZ file since it is just a zipped VS1. If you rename a .VSZ to .ZIP you will see there is a data.vs1 file inside of the zip file...lol
mysticvirgo67

Post by mysticvirgo67 »

LOL.. Yeah This i did not know LOL. but it came through this time.. Guess the Antivirus/trojan security saw the VS1 hidden in the ZIP and passed it while if it saw VSZ it figgures it to be a trojan/viorus because of the unfamiliar extension and blocks it out of hand?